The newest addition to the family...

So are you just feeding them to Pesto or also trying to start a colony?
Right now I am not starting a colony. Pesto is still too small for the large roaches and I dont think I'm ready for that right now lol. For now I will just be buying the sizes I need from James :)

Congrats on the new additions. It's funny how the people here, including myself, get excited about new bugs and roaches.
Right??? Anything to make our babies happy!

I've mastered my matrix bug maneuvers when in the bug room. No roaches escaped (well... sans the GIANT FREAKING DUBIA we found in my kitchen yesterday)... but the damn BSFL always escape and pupate outside of the cage. So I'll get a random fly by (see what I did there) every now and then that scares the hell out of me.
I had red runner roach males escape in my basement, those f*#%#<$ can squeeze through tiny spaces. They are fast, I smashed them when I found them. I want to amend my previous statement about what bugs I hate: I also hate red runners. I took the rest of my colony out to my chickens. 5 minutes later, no more red runners!

I had red runner roach males escape in my basement, those f*#%#<$ can squeeze through tiny spaces. They are fast, I smashed them when I found them. I want to amend my previous statement about what bugs I hate: I also hate red runners. I took the rest of my colony out to my chickens. 5 minutes later, no more red runners!

Thats gonna be a nope from me dawg.

Uhh...I have a bin of baby red runners...:oops: I have noticed they are not a popular roach to have.

Uhh...I have a bin of baby red runners...:oops: I have noticed they are not a popular roach to have.
I didn't research before buying them, then read that the adult males climb and fly and that they could possibly infest. Also, they just move so fast. I hates them. Nope. Feed off your babies before they grow up, and don't let any escape!

So speaking of roaches, I found a beautiful pure white newly molted adult male dubia in the bin last night. Oooooohhhhhh, I grabbed him to get a better look. He jumped off my hand, landed on the floor, and scurried under the dryer. I cannot find him, crap! I better stop playing with the bugs.

So speaking of roaches, I found a beautiful pure white newly molted adult male dubia in the bin last night. Oooooohhhhhh, I grabbed him to get a better look. He jumped off my hand, landed on the floor, and scurried under the dryer. I cannot find him, crap! I better stop playing with the bugs.
I sat and recorded a Dubia molting the other day it was amazing to see

Wow! So cool!

Whats in your dubia bin, cork flats? Can you post a picture of your whole bin?
Coco fiber and cork flats are the substrate I have to many dubias lol
5D996140-CBF3-405D-8DEA-AE7CF3CD46A6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom