The New Arcadia Jungle Dawn LED bars whose got'em?

Ok someone tell me if this is going to be a waste of my money lol

Monios-L T5 LED Grow Light, 2FT Full Spectrum Sunlight Replacement, 30W High Output Integrated Fixture with Rope Hanger for Indoor Plants, Hydroponics, Seedling, Growing, Blooming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJXK6XD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fsw1DbMW3NP0B
Yeah, it's kind of a waste because the color temperature of the lighting should be in the range from 5200K-7000K (with most people choosing a bulb that is 6500K) to promote the most vegetative growth. If the grow light is not in the range of vegetative growth, then the light is useless. If you want a grow light, get one that sports 6500K.

Yeah, it's kind of a waste because the color temperature of the lighting should be in the range from 5200K-7000K (with most people choosing a bulb that is 6500K) to promote the most vegetative growth. If the grow light is not in the range of vegetative growth, then the light is useless. If you want a grow light, get one that sports 6500K.

That's not why it's a waste. "Color temperature" is a poor way to determine if a bulb or led is good or not. If it wasn't for the fact it's only 260 micromoles par at 8 inches that light would get you through veg and flower phases of a certain green sticky flowered plant some people love. A perfect example of why color temp is a bad way to determine usefulness would be the old truelumen rosette bulbs. They had a rated "color temp" of 6200k but where a red heavy bulb not a blue heavy bulb like one would expect from a 6200k. Another shinning example of color temp means buppkiss is the 4000k quantum boards. Ask @GoodKarma19 how those are doing lol. Nice mix of the spectrums with strongish reds for an 80cri board but, blue spectrum is maxed and they have a "white" light output.

That's not why it's a waste. "Color temperature" is a poor way to determine if a bulb or led is good or not. If it wasn't for the fact it's only 260 micromoles par at 8 inches that light would get you through veg and flower phases of a certain green sticky flowered plant some people love. A perfect example of why color temp is a bad way to determine usefulness would be the old truelumen rosette bulbs. They had a rated "color temp" of 6200k but where a red heavy bulb not a blue heavy bulb like one would expect from a 6200k. Another shinning example of color temp means buppkiss is the 4000k quantum boards. Ask @GoodKarma19 how those are doing lol. Nice mix of the spectrums with strongish reds for an 80cri board but, blue spectrum is maxed and they have a "white" light output.
Sooooo this grow light will work for my other hobby then great ;)

Another shinning example of color temp means buppkiss is the 4000k quantum boards. Ask @GoodKarma19 how those are doing lol.

This is truth - this man knows his lighting! Couldn't be happier with the 4000k quantum boards. They're incredibly bright, and all plants involved have strong veg/bloom growth. The boards themselves are so bright that I don't bother with overhead lighting in that room, and they have a slightly yellow cast akin to soft incandescent bulbs. They're also maintaining a perfect 82F at 8" - no basking fixture for me! (y)

The only plant that's being a little fussy right now is my Meyer's lemon, and I've narrowed it down to either overwatering or a nutritional issue. I fed her and have my fingers crossed, but I think it's too wet. Might have to consider swapping in a hibiscus!

This is truth - this man knows his lighting! Couldn't be happier with the 4000k quantum boards. They're incredibly bright, and all plants involved have strong veg/bloom growth. The boards themselves are so bright that I don't bother with overhead lighting in that room, and they have a slightly yellow cast akin to soft incandescent bulbs. They're also maintaining a perfect 82F at 8" - no basking fixture for me! (y)

The only plant that's being a little fussy right now is my Meyer's lemon, and I've narrowed it down to either overwatering or a nutritional issue. I fed her and have my fingers crossed, but I think it's too wet. Might have to consider swapping in a hibiscus!
Are you using a Meyers lemon in an enclosure?

No, par is too weak lmao...how ever the 3500k quantum would be a fantastic choice :ROFLMAO:.

Edit: I suppose if you bought several and hung them vertical next to the plant maybe, but you'd be over a quantum board price doing that lol.
Maybe I should just go to my hydroponic store in town and see what lights they have. I’m just tired of my ground coverage dying!!

What lights and what plants are you using again?
I have this light D874E080-38F1-46C0-8FCE-A3D394AC292E.jpeg monstera is my main plant and it blocking all ground plants. I have spider corals bells and a Dracaena, honeysuckle croton umbrella plant Pothos and I think that’s all that’s still alive. Those are all struggling bellow

I have this lightView attachment 251837monstera is my main plant and it blocking all ground plants. I have spider corals bells and a Dracaena, honeysuckle croton umbrella plant Pothos and I think that’s all that’s still alive. Those are all struggling bellow

Gotcha, for some reason I thought you had gone with a quad version of that lol. 24x24x48 then right?

Back
Top Bottom