The New Arcadia Jungle Dawn LED bars whose got'em?

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
OK so I'm trying to think of a great first hatch day present for my boys at the end of the month. I've already swapped out their ReptiSun 5.0s for Arcadia 6%s in the T5HO variety of course. My Ambanja has a Queen Marble Pothos in a pot and my Ambilobe has a Schefflera (Umbrella plant) in a pot as well. They both have Phillips 60w plant light bulbs as well but I'm just not seeing the growth I want from either. Their room is rather dark. No natural sunlight coming in as the only window faces North. So I know I need more light and I'm not willing to scrap my single fixture T5s for dual or quads. So my question is who has them? What version do you have? And how are they working for you? I was also considering the jungle dawn spotlight but I figured this would be better for my setups and overall the same cost for more light. 2-22" LED bars go for around $200. 2-spotlights without fixtures go for $120

OK so I'm trying to think of a great first hatch day present for my boys at the end of the month. I've already swapped out their ReptiSun 5.0s for Arcadia 6%s in the T5HO variety of course. My Ambanja has a Queen Marble Pothos in a pot and my Ambilobe has a Schefflera (Umbrella plant) in a pot as well. They both have Phillips 60w plant light bulbs as well but I'm just not seeing the growth I want from either. Their room is rather dark. No natural sunlight coming in as the only window faces North. So I know I need more light and I'm not willing to scrap my single fixture T5s for dual or quads. So my question is who has them? What version do you have? And how are they working for you? I was also considering the jungle dawn spotlight but I figured this would be better for my setups and overall the same cost for more light. 2-22" LED bars go for around $200. 2-spotlights without fixtures go for $120
I have one of the older ones and one of the new ones. Both are great but the fact that the new ones daisy chain with Arcadia UVB's make them worth the extra bit.

If you already have Arcadia T5 HO's that daisy chain then you won't be disappointed.

The last gen unit that screws into a fixture is good but a bit clunky due to the fixture, these new ones are sweet.

Price vs performance they aren't worth it but, to each their own I suppose. You'd be better off grabbing the Amazon bulbs for less imho. Below 6 inches you have very little benefit to the plants with the new bars. Something like a planted tank sure but you're going to grow very little with 200 or less par at the height of our typical cages.
Screenshot_20191107-182551.png

What sizes are the cages, 24x24x48?

Price vs performance they aren't worth it but, to each their own I suppose. You'd be better off grabbing the Amazon bulbs for less imho. Below 6 inches you have very little benefit to the plants with the new bars. Something like a planted tank sure but you're going to grow very little with 200 or less par at the height of our typical cages.
View attachment 250762
That's crazy! You'd think you'd get more out of these than that.

That's crazy! You'd think you'd get more out of these than that.

For the price, yeah lol. The only "cheap low power" light I've ever had any luck with is a lithonia shop light strip. One of them, a t5ho 5.0 uv bulb, and a 20w heat light actually does really really well in 18x18x36 setups and single umbrella plants. Keeps them full enough to only need the one plant in the cage.

Are you up to a little diy led?

Screenshot_20191107-190355.png

For the price, yeah lol. The only "cheap low power" light I've ever had any luck with is a lithonia shop light strip. One of them, a t5ho 5.0 uv bulb, and a 20w heat light actually does really really well in 18x18x36 setups and single umbrella plants. Keeps them full enough to only need the one plant in the cage.

Are you up to a little diy led?

View attachment 250774
I'm more of a plug and play type ;):LOL:

I'm more of a plug and play type ;):LOL:

Plug and play...however, for about the same as two of these maybe $40 more depending on other supply cost in your area, would be 4 times the lights (4 boards for $132) with the ability to dim lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107-201704.png
    Screenshot_20191107-201704.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 320
Plug and play...however, for about the same as two of these maybe $40 more depending on other supply cost in your area, would be 4 times the lights (4 boards for $132) with the ability to dim lol.

Greats lights! These are what I run. Extremely bright, and a tad warm. I'd invest the extra and get the dimmable driver, haha! Or suspend them.

(Thanks again, my the way! :p)

I have a very similar setup as you except I'm also running a Sansi spotlight. My umbrella grows like crazy, I have to keep trimming it back. I also have Sansi lights on my anole, frog, and snail enclosures; the plant growth is crazy.
Well the problem with this one is probably going to be the size of the unit and not being able to hang it.... That's why I was looking at the jungle Dwan bars and spotlight.

Back
Top Bottom