The New Arcadia Jungle Dawn LED bars whose got'em?

If you want a twist in spot light style, I have several of these I use too.

View attachment 250778
Just got me one of these bad boys and it’s crazy bright, looks like the sun! I’m now getting good light all the way to the bottom on my bromeliads. My boy Jungle Jim went directly under it to bask and it’s matching up with the temps my 60w basking light was putting out perfectly.

Bill
B816051C-D83B-41F7-9561-3EE569F93CD8.jpeg
823AC115-85B6-4DA1-9A93-A99E98D5B24B.jpeg

Just got me one of these bad boys and it’s crazy bright, looks like the sun! I’m now getting good light all the way to the bottom on my bromeliads. My boy Jungle Jim went directly under it to bask and it’s matching up with the temps my 60w basking light was putting out perfectly.

BillView attachment 252124View attachment 252123

Got a switch in today that I'm hoping does what the description says it will. If it does, the screw in bulbs with a little diy electrical wiring will have soft on, scheduled increases in brightness and soft off. Should finish how I'm doing it in the next couple of days so stay tuned on that lol.

20191125_102312.jpg

Please keep us updated I am very curious to how this works out.

I will, if it works out I'll do a diy post for it lol. Took pics of the part I've already redone how I wanted it (longer cords on the domes) for it. Three more hours at work then 1.25/ 1.5 hr drive home. Also have a not Arcadia brand heat projector to test on this cage too.

Last edited:
Got a switch in today that I'm hoping does what the description says it will. If it does, the screw in bulbs with a little diy electrical wiring will have soft on, scheduled increases in brightness and soft off. Should finish how I'm doing it in the next couple of days so stay tuned on that lol.

View attachment 252126
Definitely keep us posted because that’s something that I would love to incorporate.

Bill

Definitely keep us posted because that’s something that I would love to incorporate.

Bill

So, initial thoughts, some of what they described must be hidden in the iftt area. With just smart life app, it is basically a timed manual dimmer with the dimmer control on the phone. One thing to note, below 45% or so I noticed slight flicker that I dont notice with the rheostat type dimmer. This is only noticeable looking at the bulbs, looking in the tank I couldn't tell the flicker was occurring. Though not a cham cage, this is the cage I'm working on with these "trials" lol.

20191124_141034_HDR(1).jpg

So, initial thoughts, some of what they described must be hidden in the iftt area. With just smart life app, it is basically a timed manual dimmer with the dimmer control on the phone. One thing to note, below 45% or so I noticed slight flicker that I dont notice with the rheostat type dimmer. This is only noticeable looking at the bulbs, looking in the tank I couldn't tell the flicker was occurring. Though not a cham cage, this is the cage I'm working on with these "trials" lol.

View attachment 252155

Not hidden in iftt area, just in an area I've not used before with the wifi outlets lol. Under the "smart" area of the smart life app is the automation settings to set specific times and brightnesses. Seems to function well with the settings I've done for the test. Tomorrow it should run the full schedule so we'll see how that goes. There is supposed to be a way to "calibrate" the switch/ bulbs to each other but haven't figured that out yet.

So, I still don't see how the switch has calibrated anything with the bulbs. There is still a slight flicker (one of the bulbs is more noticeable then the other) and the dimming range is pretty low for what I'm using them on atm. 0% is a perfect low light sunrise and 50% is a perfect noon time brightness (since it's a shallow terrarium at 24"). The timed scenarios for sunrise/ noon/ sunset I put in do work perfectly though. Since this is a shallower terrarium, I may just swap to different bulbs and call it a day on this one.

I have since removed the 65w incandescent Phillips plant light bulbs I was using for basking and replaced them with 2 more of these YU MEIL 45w LEDs. I am using extra deep domes instead of mini deep domes. So far so good. Getting the temps I want with the lighting my plants need and honestly the cages are looking way better as far as visually and light being pumped into them. Just thought I'd give an update.

Back
Top Bottom