The Lizard king

Dave Bull

Hey have any of you guys read this book It is by Bryan Christy. It is a real eye opener !! Just read it myself. Really puts a light on the Reptile "industry" (for want of a better word) Based on facts.

Hey have any of you guys read this book It is by Bryan Christy. It is a real eye opener !! Just read it myself. Really puts a light on the Reptile "industry" (for want of a better word) Based on facts.

I read it a while ago, gives you a new view doesn't it?

Yeah cool book. There is another book about Tom Crutchfield that I want to get. I think the industry has cleaned up quite a bit since then. Not saying its all above board but I think its better than it was. I know the wc chams I saw coming in inthe 90's looked horrible compared to the ones Im seeing come in now. I think the animals are seeing better care during holding and importation than they did in the past.

But in the end is it not so much better to have captive bred Animals, sourced locally from your own country. My chameloeon came from a reputable breeder here in Germany :)

If your a breeder there are times you have to add wc blood to your lines to keep them strong and producing healthy offspring. Only breeders and hobbyist breeders need wc blood. People looking for "pets" shouldnt purchse wc chams.

Back
Top Bottom