The joys of ontario living lol

jezzie

Last night we had quite the weather system go through. Freezing rain, high winds. Woke up at 11:30 pm to the power being out.

We live in a 100+ year old house so it gets cold pretty quick. The house had already dropped 5 degrees. And the Cham enclosures were sitting at 15C ... Power didnt come back on till roughly 5 this morning.

The little dudes are doing well. All warmed up, eating and drinking. Now I'm worried about the clutch of eggs that was in the incubator. We also have quail eggs in the incubator... Fingers crossed everything is okay lol.

Stressing out about the animals all night and kept covering the baby up and the 9 year old makes for a tired mommy today lol.

Hope any other ontarians on here had a better night then me! And that everyone's power is back on.

Wow, bummer. hope all the eggs make it through! Down here in Southern California there's rarely a scare like that.. no storms or freezing weather! But it is dry.. -_-

Sometimes I swear I was born in the wrong country. I am not a fan of snow and cold lol. I'm like a hermit in the winter!! Haha

That's crazy!! All the ice is gone it appears now around my house. It's warmed up above freezing now so it's just raining again (day 5 in row give or take lol).

Hope hydro fixes that up ASAP!

I feel your pain. I woke up to about an inch of snow today. Changing countries may not be the answer. I live in Montana, only 30 miles south of Canada. But I may be south of Canada where I live but I am north of Ontario.:confused:

I feel your pain. I woke up to about an inch of snow today. Changing countries may not be the answer. I live in Montana, only 30 miles south of Canada. But I may be south of Canada where I live but I am north of Ontario.:confused:

Ouch Laurie. I was thinking some place tropical. But then you have to worry about hurricanes and such.

Tell me about it. Weather can't seem to make up its mind but any power outage did miss us here in Markham. Hope all is well with your clutch.

The weather here in southern Ontario sure was terrible! Luckily my area didn't lose power but the winds were really bad...quite a few branches down but no huge ones. The windows rattled like crazy and whistled too. Unfortunately I had to go to Toronto and it was hailing all the way there and raining most of the way back. One of the people who met me in Toronto came from Guelph and said that it was so icy here that she almost didn't come. Her car was completely iced over and the doors sealed shut. I still wouldn't move anywhere else. I don't like the cold but I can't take the heat either. :(

That sounds like the storm that we had go through Minnesota here the last couple days as well. It was an insane storm and even had thunder and lighting while it was snowing. It was still really cool though.

Yea when it comes right down to it I don't like to much heat either lol.

But this storm was pretty crazy.

We've had thunder and lightning 4 days in a row. The silly dog still hasn't learned that thunder isn't someone at the door lmfao.

Back
Top Bottom