The clock is ticking

Wow! They look amazing!

I bet the pumilum are ridiculous in person!:eek:

Thanks for sharing those shots!:D

Im extremely excited now!

Man, not one single, tiny, awful picture of my tiny angel's? Since I am a female it must be a sexist thing. (Chuck don't say a work and I might get away with that):D

When I saw that pic on the phone. I was with hubby, who wanted to know why I didn't get the cute one!!!

Man, not one single, tiny, awful picture of my tiny angel's? Since I am a female it must be a sexist thing. (Chuck don't say a work and I might get away with that):D

When I saw that pic on the phone. I was with hubby, who wanted to know why I didn't get the cute one!!!

Looks like you are going to have a house full;) where do you come up with all these chams:rolleyes::p

I was hopeing to get mine before the weekend. But what ever you think.

Sorry Dean, I am the one who just can't handle a cham shipped on Thursday, and a holiday weekend? Never, not my kids. But maybe Paul will ship yours if you want.

And Paul you have never met my daughter - President of the teachers union for Georgia. One tough cookie, not a softie like Mom.

Hell yeah! Even with a crappy cameraman they look great ;)
I cannot wait!!!!:D Cages are done, just need planting tomorrow! So I did it, just in time:)
Paul, you da man!!! Now we all need to get together for a celebration drink!:p

Ok that is it all the new owners get together in 6 months. Let's all go to Paul's it will be warm there.:)

Next week works better for me anyhow.

Really though Paul, major props, thanks for going through all the bullshit!

I cannot wait!!!!:D Cages are done, just need planting tomorrow! So I did it, just in time:)

Very cool they are bigger then I expected.

Im drinking now! Does that count?
Cheers everyone! ;D

My cage is too big :(
lol, Im glad I only planted half of it:eek:
Im still finishing that up, and their indoor setup! Sigh, its going to be a long weekend:rolleyes:

Im drinking now! Does that count?
Cheers everyone! ;D

My cage is too big :(
lol, Im glad I only planted half of it:eek:
Im still finishing that up, and their indoor setup! Sigh, its going to be a long weekend:rolleyes:

Sure does! I know i would be if i wasnt on drugs(prescribed ones)!

You are all more then welcome:) but who will watch your precious rarities while you take a trip here? lol. I forgot to mention that one of the thamnobates males is a fiesty little guy! I said they were calm out of the 3 species so far but I totally forgot that he puffed up and hissed at me the most out of any:D It was cool to see his gular lobes puffed out so far on such a small little guy! Cant wait to get my freebies of thamnos! ;)

You are all more then welcome:) but who will watch your precious rarities while you take a trip here? lol. I forgot to mention that one of the thamnobates males is a fiesty little guy! I said they were calm out of the 3 species so far but I totally forgot that he puffed up and hissed at me the most out of any:D It was cool to see his gular lobes puffed out so far on such a small little guy! Cant wait to get my freebies of thamnos! ;)

DIBS!!!!!! On that little !@#$&*!!!!! XD

Oh, and you cant have just one, they all need to breed!!!

I already promised that guy to ColdAl. They are all nice tho so dont worry but, he did help me out a ton with all of this at the beginning which is why I gave him first dibs on him. Dont hate me!:eek:
Anyways, I was thinking that maybe we should tone down the borderline guarantee we are putting on all of these to breed and proliferate from this shipment, although I hope they do as much or more then anyone, they have been brought in at least twice before and where are all the offspring from those? Just want to be realistic so not everyone thinks that just because they have a pair they are going to have so many babies they dont know what to do with them all. There is a reason they arent common so we need to monitor them very closely and record as much detailed info as we can on them. But, after saying all of that, they do breed for the Europeans like rabbits:D

:p
No hate!

Im sure they are all wonderful ;)

While I understand that they have not done the best in the past, I feel confidence is key. ;)

Not that Im not realistic:rolleyes:

Either way, it should be a fun ride!

I got a ledger, to track as much info as possible on them, so no matter what, I should learn something.

DIBS!!!!!! On that little !@#$&*!!!!! XD

Oh, and you cant have just one, they all need to breed!!!

Lol so if he shows up missing at some point ill just assume he's on his way to the Carolinas!;)

I already promised that guy to ColdAl. They are all nice tho so dont worry but, he did help me out a ton with all of this at the beginning which is why I gave him first dibs on him. Dont hate me!:eek:
Anyways, I was thinking that maybe we should tone down the borderline guarantee we are putting on all of these to breed and proliferate from this shipment, although I hope they do as much or more then anyone, they have been brought in at least twice before and where are all the offspring from those? Just want to be realistic so not everyone thinks that just because they have a pair they are going to have so many babies they dont know what to do with them all. There is a reason they arent common so we need to monitor them very closely and record as much detailed info as we can on them. But, after saying all of that, they do breed for the Europeans like rabbits:D

Even with the rather limited success in prior years, I feel we will do much better! Theyre all being kept differently, and by quite a few experienced keepers.
Ive got my notepad ready as well :)

Since I am way off the normal on mine, I will also keep a log. What about if we each do a blog on the forum and put our log info into the blog? That way we can each see what the others are doing.

That's a good idea Laurie. I will certainly be keeping detailed notes (all those years of Bio lab note-taking finally come in handy!) and will post it to a blog every few weeks or so. It's a good way to see what we're all doing, what's working for some, what's not working for others, and take ideas.

The best chance we have at getting babies and keep getting CB success in the long term is to share our information. It does no one any good to hide trade secrets when you can't sell anyone unrelated pairs because you're the only one having success. How long you can continue by yourself is limited until the next import. Once we have a population going then do what you want, but we have to make all this money and effort count. Collectively we stand a better chance of success.

What's more, anyone who wants to exchange phone numbers and/or befriend me on Facebook can send me a PM. A few of you do already but if anyone would like to have my number and give me theirs so we can chat quickly if we ever have questions is welcome to do so. My skype is on my profile as well. And I get my FB chats directly to my phone. I'm not the most experienced member in this group but I'm always happy to chat or offer what I can to help.

Last edited:
All great comments! Feel free to add me as well on FB, Paul Fowler.

For anyone that wants, I can ship theirs out tomorrow for friday morning arrival, just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom