The clock is ticking

I dont think Ill be doing this again. It is wayyy too much stress, time, and money. Id honestly rather not get these amazing chams and save myself all of that:-/ It is costing me $279 just for the inspection at the airport plus another $125 or more for my customs broker helping me out with all the paperwork at the airport, and $107 to the airline itself. Not to mention Im bringing in so many and have to keep all bloodlines seperate until I ship them and that in itself is a major PITA. I think Ill let Jared have it again or pass the connection on to someone else. Its not worth all the money Im losing. Sorry I just needed to have a little rant...I just want anyone who is thinking of possibly doing this in the future to know what theyre getting their selves into. Over 50 emails back and forth with the breeder, all the forms and paperwork, fees, blah blah blah lol. K Im done:)

Last edited:
But we thank you deeply for doing this! I know Laurie and I are super excited to take on this project, and I'm sure the others are as well. It's going to be so worth it having these species gain a little momentum on this side of the world.

:p

You know we all appreciate it bro! XD

You forgot one hassle though, your going to have to take a lot of pictures, and upload them so you can share with us ASAP!!!

haha good one!

and NO PICS, Im gonna torture you all muahahaha
first-world-problems-ii.jpg

I feel your paperwork pain. Took me weeks to organise the shipping of my reptiles when we emigrated, and that was supposedly simpler because they are pets!

They are coming soon! XD

(so I am told)

Just got them all color coded for diff bloodlines and caged for the night. I only took a couple really crappy pics of a couple of the pumilum so far. He instructed me to keep their lights out, no food or water until the lights come on again, and to keep them cool. Ill ask him 20 questions tomorrow:)

Btw, the fish and wildlife inspector had never heard of these and her husband (another inspector) lol who has been a f&w inspector for 20 years has never seen pumilum:), makes it that much more special for me:)

Straight out of the bags, they are fiesty, especially the pumilum (hissing and bluffing to bite!) from what I noticed, followed by transvaals who are the most robust and then the thamnobates who were very calm, but very alert. All look extremely healthy, and a minute or so after I put a couple diff species in diff cages they were eating (I guess there were a few left over bean beetles:)

I think I will ship them out on tuesday of next week. I dont want anything to go wrong with the holiday weekend coming up.

B. pumilum (they are MUCH brighter in person)
nw1.jpg

nw3.jpg

2 of the thamnobates coming out of the bag as soon as I opened it.
nw.jpg

Ill try and take some more shots tomorrow if I have any time.

Back
Top Bottom