The bubble stump is amazing!

quikksilver8

Hey everyone i just purchased the bubble stump from petsmart and my baby veilds love it and drink from it all the time. Just wanted to share that with you guys incase anyone was skeptical about buying it. I see my chams down there twice a day and highly recomend it. Another pro is it is small and easy to keep clean so because i know how important clean water is for these guys.

My question to you guys is how necessary is misting if they are readily drinking from the bubble stump.

Thanks in advance

probably only need to mist to keep the humidity level where it's supposed to be, but living in florida I don't think that will be a problem unless your cage is in an ac room, but I would still mist a couple times of day so they still know that rain is a normal thing, just not as long per session

I misted my chameleon 3 -5x a day during summer time and 2-3x a day during winter. 5 - 10 minutes duration of misting.

During the heat of the day, Chameleon will find shades to cool down.... if still too hot, misting actually helps cool the chameleon down. Just like human being, when we are warm, we sweat..which helps us cool down as sweat draws heats away from our body and prevent us from overheat thus frying our brain. Since chameleon don't sweat, sometimes a little mist will cool them down.

Hey everyone i just purchased the bubble stump from petsmart and my baby veilds love it and drink from it all the time. Just wanted to share that with you guys incase anyone was skeptical about buying it. I see my chams down there twice a day and highly recomend it. Another pro is it is small and easy to keep clean so because i know how important clean water is for these guys.

My question to you guys is how necessary is misting if they are readily drinking from the bubble stump.

Thanks in advance

Can you link to the bubble stump? I have never seen it - wonder if it'd work for my dragon. Cyrus is perfectly happy with his dripper and would never go to bottom cage to drink, but Darwin (dragon) is a pain in the butt :eek: b/c he only accepts hand watering, butT I love him anyway :D

Here is a pic of it, normally has an air stone in the middle of it.

Attachments

• 9310_4cb8b.jpg
    9310_4cb8b.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 107
is it safe for your Chams, also is the gerbil water feeder safe as well?
I saw that a few people use these and that their chams are attracted to the
drip from the silver ball??

People have been trying this with veileds for awhile. Some will go after it all the time, others will ignore it.

make a video or post some pictures of this product being used. it seems this would be a good product just to stimulate chameleons with. thanks

Can you explain how it works please. Does it generate a mist or fog like a humidifier or does it just bubble?

You can use an air stone inside a water dish. Just go to a pet store they will have air stones if they have any aquariums.

I'm working on the video. It's a really simple concept, I was just amazed it worked for them. Ya it is basically a bowl with an air stone but i tried that and my chams kept puling the airstone out by climbing on the air hose. They cant pull this one out and the air hose it comes with is black so it looks better (kinda like a vine) and it connects to the side and back into the bowl and is impossible for them to pull out. It was wierd because i had never seen my chameleons drink from it when I first put it in but i notice that when I would mist them they no longer came to drink later when i saw my cham drinking I realised that was why :D O ya... it's about $10.

Last edited:
nice video, it helps make sense to me. i thought that it actually blew bubbles and that they would flout up. i think you can do that with any air pump and a small container.

It should be safe how wouldn't it be? Its only to stimulate the water so that they will pay attention to it.. thats why they say they will not drink sitting water so the bubbles takes care of that, I have a bowl of water in my enclosure that my dripper drips into, which also stimulates the water and they drink from it as well...

so standing water is safe as long as its fresh and you maintain the cleanliness of what ever device you are using?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom