The Biology of Chameleons

This book is not available in electronic/digital formats.

Some of us value many aspects of print books, including being able to lend and sell them.

Amazon UK have it to download on Kindle £10 cheaper than book form. They don't have it in hard back. I have the book and it does feel and smell good.:)

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the new book. As has been mentioned by a couple already, it is available on Amazon in an electronic version for those who prefer, or are on a tight budget (Hard Copy: http://www.amazon.com/The-Biology-Chameleons-Krystal-Tolley/dp/0520276051/; Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Chameleons-Krystal-Tolley-ebook/dp/B00H55LA98/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kin).

As I mentioned previously, this book is definitely not a book for everyone, but anyone seriously interested in chameleons should find a lot of the information of interest and see that it goes in to much greater detail on topics than other sources. The chapters definitely are meaty, and in places can be quite dry, but as a scholarly book intended to serve as a concise reference to our current knowledge of the biology of these animals, I'm sure everyone realizes it wasn't intended to read like a bed time story. In order to fill the content void that other sources lacked up to now and cover the extent of our existing knowledge of the family, the chapters are necessarily dense. In any event, the extent of the content should make up for what may often be a slow or difficult read.

I'm glad people are finding the book useful and educational though! I hope it continues to provide people with a great deal of information they might not otherwise have encountered.

Chris

I've found every part quite easy to read with a bit of effort -- except the anatomy section! :p It was interesting but very hard to read, that section was.

Anyway, very great book. I think I finished it in about a week. I learned quite a bit I didn't know before.

I'm so glad it's on Kindle- I know I'm getting the hard copy for my birthday but I was pretty pissed I didn't get it for Christmas- I put it on my tablet this morning- I do prefer a hard copy but the kindle version will be really nice and it makes it easier to wait for the book book. The pictures are worth the price in my opinion - I don't intend to read it cover to cover but I'm sure that I'll be able to learn quite a bit concentrating on the chapters that really interest me

I've really enjoyed the kindle version on my tablet so far - I still can hardly wait to get the book version but it is nice to be able to read a chapter and search for other related info without having to get off the couch.

I'm enjoying my copy too! finally, a really useful cham book :)

I am going to learn a lot from this book, and I thank Chris and all the others
for their hard work. And thank you for not "dumbing it down" for the general
public. :rolleyes:
You have made a major contribution :)

I am going to take my copy to the vet next time I go.
I usually take along a few text books when I have to go there anyway.

Chris, thank you for posting this discount code. It allowed me to finally pull the trigger (since I did not get this for Christmas or my birthday). I'm very excited to get it and start reading!

Chris, thank you for posting this discount code. It allowed me to finally pull the trigger (since I did not get this for Christmas or my birthday). I'm very excited to get it and start reading!

Glad to hear it! Hope you enjoy it!

I understand that the sale has been extended through today for anyone else who had been hesitating.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom