The Biology of Chameleons

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Hi Everyone,

I thought some of you might be interested to hear about a new chameleon book that was just published. The book is called "The Biology of Chameleons" and was edited by Krystal A. Tolley and Anthony Herrel, who worked very hard to pull this incredible resource together!

Its individual chapters are written by twelve chameleon researchers with topics covering all corners of chameleon biology. Here is a taste of the Table of Contents for this book to give you all an idea of just how much it covers:

- Chapter 1: "Biology of the Chameleons: An Introduction" by Krystal A. Tolley & Anthony Herrel
- Chapter 2: "Chameleon Anatomy" by Christopher V. Anderson & Timothy E. Higham
- Chapter 3: "Chameleon Physiology" by Anthony Herrel
- Chapter 4: "Function and Adaptation of Chameleons" by Timothy E. Higham & Christopher V. Anderson
- Chapter 5: "Ecology and Life History of Chameleons" by G. John Measey, Achille Raselimanana & Anthony Herrel
- Chapter 6: "Chameleon Behavior and Color Change" by Devi Stuart-Fox
- Chapter 7: "Evolution and Biogeography of Chameleons" by Krystal A. Tolley & Michele Menegon
- Chapter 8: "Overview of the Systematics of the Chamaeleonidae" by Colin R. Tilbury
- Chapter 9: "Fossil History of Chameleons" by Arnau Bolet & Susan E. Evans
- Chapter 10: "Chameleon Conservation" by Richard Jenkins, G. John Measey, Christopher V. Anderson & Krystal A. Tolley

9780520276055.jpg

So far the book has received very positive reviews from other chameleon researchers who describe it as:

"[A] synthetic picture of the evolution and biology of an enigmatic group of lizards, The Biology of Chameleons is timely because there have been substantial recent developments in the systematics and taxonomy of chameleons, and we now have a far greater understanding of selective pressures driving color change and life history." Martin Whiting, Macquarie University, Australia

"The Biology of Chameleons will become a standard reference for all scholars interested in these reptiles . . . yet it will be understandable, in great part, to a more general audience as well." Miguel Vences, University of Braunschweig, Germany​

The book is available from the University of California Press website (http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520276055) or Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/The-Biology-Chameleons-Krystal-Tolley/dp/0520276051). Amazon lists it as in stock starting November 24th, but I received my copy from UC Press today and know that it was sent out yesterday to others from there as well. It is a 288 page hardcover book and will definitely be an awesome resource for anyone seriously interested in chameleons!

Chris

I noticed mine was shipped yesterday. I can hardly wait! Hopefully it won't take too long to get up to Canada.

Congratulations Chris on another fine achievement.

Great accomplishment! Chris is that your first major publication to the general press after you earned your PHD? Trace I actually ordered a copy from Barnes and Nobles yesterday too.

Last edited:
I've already ordered it from the website, but it said it wouldn't get here 'till December 1st?

Maybe different release dates?

Have had this book on my Amazon 'wish list' for some time now.

Almost forgot about it!!
I hope this is the book on chams I have been waiting for!
All my others books are either outdated, and/or lacking :eek:

Went ahead and placed my order for a copy :)

Cant wait to see it.

Thanks everyone. I was very pleased to have been invited to be a part of this book. It definitely fills a niche that no other book yet has fulfilled. Hope you all enjoy it.

Chris

I saw some previous post about the book but completely forgot to go and check it out. I'm going to place my order tonight, thanks Chris!

Back
Top Bottom