The big move! Long trip for the chams...

Good luck in the rest of your journey. I thought that college taught me to pack a car well, but I've got nothing on you! Best of luck with the drive today!

Michelle

Well the longest drive is over! 13 hours straight...my butt is numb. Luckily all the animals were on their best behavior last night so I got a full night's rest! My kitty just cuddled up next to me all night. :) The chams did great after being in their travel cages yesterday. They went to sleep in their travel boxes pretty quickly. Buster is sleeping on the towel instead of the perch but he seems comfy. The poor pygmies! I have their cages covered with dark blankets because I figured that would be less stressful than pulling them out. Well I peeked under the blanket while driving and poor little Moo was clinging to a leaf that was bouncing all over the place with the bumps in te road and she looked like she was riding a bucking bronco! And then Batu was trying so hard to walk around but was bouncing around a bit too. I guess the blanket wasn't blocking out all the light, so I covered it better and they all hunkered down. The dogs are confused by the hotel but tomorrow just a short drive to our new place!

I have to start planning for our move in October. Not really sure where we are going yet, though. We will be moving our 2 chams, 2 dogs, cat, and turtle in our Ford F150 crewcab. It will be my husband, my son, and I all in the same truck. Its just really going to be interesting 'cause we really dont have a plan to where we're moving. My husband gets out of the military in Jan. but taking ets leave in Oct to move us. LOL

I have to start planning for our move in October. Not really sure where we are going yet, though. We will be moving our 2 chams, 2 dogs, cat, and turtle in our Ford F150 crewcab. It will be my husband, my son, and I all in the same truck. Its just really going to be interesting 'cause we really dont have a plan to where we're moving. My husband gets out of the military in Jan. but taking ets leave in Oct to move us. LOL

We were in your shoes a month ago! I knew I was graduating so we were moving, and somewhere far, we just didn't know where! It will all come together. Maybe it will be an opportunity to move someplace neat you'd never thought you'd get to go to! Just completely open options make it hard to get started. Your truck is going to be a wee bit crowded! Hope those are small dogs! ;)

We have a small dog and a german sheperd mix pup... she's going to be a BIG dog. When we first got her she only weighed in at 9lbs, today when we took her into her appt she doubled in size and weight. We've had her for about a month in a half lol

Very glad to hear that the actual move is going well. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Man were you ever packed. You must be exhausted with all that driving and packing and unpacking all the pets over and over. I hope you get a few days rest before you start your new job.

Well we are in Colorado and getting moved in! Very long weekend of driving and loading/unloading all the animals constantly. We had to smuggle everyone into the hotel room while we stayed in New Mexico because it was $20/pet. Ha! I would have gone broke paying 3x the hotel rate just for the pets! I paid for a dog. :rolleyes: The dogs and cats have been in a constant state of confusion but now the cats are totally obsessed with the playing on the stairs and our neighborhood is overrun with bunnies, which keeps my hound dog constantly staring out the window. And I'm happy to report all the chams made it and are happy back in their cages, eating and drinking like normal! The pygs were super thirsty! So travel boxes and travel cages worked well and the stress of not all was endurable, even by my little wc pygs. I was worried about some of them. Maybe they'll start makin babies when the settle in. :)

Also, we've only been here a day and we love it!! Everything is so pretty, the weather is fabulous and I'm in love with the mountains in the distance. And there are mulberry trees everywhere around my house - time to order some silks! Tomorrow is my first day of work! I'm nervous and excited...wish me luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. So happy to hear that everyone arrived safely. Have a fabulous first day at work. Save some lives.

So very glad you all got there safe and sound.
And it sounds like everyone is happy to be there.
Hope you like your new job as much as the new locale.
Good luck with everything to come!

Back
Top Bottom