The Baby Laying. What age did your Yemmers Lay her very first Eggs?

CammieBaby

When do I start getting ready for her first batch of eggs..What type of stuff do I start to look for besides digging.. I'm not even sure how old she is.. http://www.youtube.com/user/ShannyCleaner :D She's getting chunky and I want to know a couple things. About her I am posting a new video right now of her this morning.. Called, "Good Morning Cammie!!" Part 1 She drinks in the mornings.. :eek:

Can't see anything in your link.

When a veiled female reaches sexual maturity she will have mustardy yellow splotches of color on her...and blue dots will indicate that she is receptive. At that point they can start to produce eggs. Some of them will start as young as 4 or 5 months but others can go years without producing a clutch. Part of it depends on the husbandry...how much you feed her, etc.

What I always recommend is to put an opaque container (at least 12" deep x 12" x 8") full of washed playsand in the cage so you won't miss the often subtle signs that the female needs to lay eggs. The sand should be moist enough to hold a tunnel.

When the female is digging, do not let her see you watching her or she will abandon the hole and if it happens often enough it can lead to eggbinding and death.

your chameleon is like maybe 3 months old..the crickets are WAY too big for your cham..also..you wont be expecting eggs for at least another 7 months..also..how do you know its a female..have you looked for the spurs at all yet?

My first female didn't lay her first clutch until she was 14 months old. Amy didn't lay her first until she was 20 months old. She is now 2 years 4 months and hasn't laid again yet, although I suspect she is working on another clutch as she has visited her laying bin twice recently. They all mature at different rates - like Kinyonga said, some as early as 4 or 5 months, but if you get conditions right they may never lay at all!

What's about those Soft trays.. I have a reptarium.. and need to do something about it's screen bottom? Couldn't I just wait till I see a disturbed area?

Small veil no nubs or third extention.. Chunky in the butt.. Her hole is different from the the rounded cover for the penis.. Instead she has a butt like hole... ?/ I don't know.. She was pretty small when I got her maybe I should measure her.. She's grown 5 centimeters.. so like 2.5 centis.. Very much smaller than the other 3 month olds. Werid about egg laying.. << o_O

Dude she's a trouper.. She takes it in two pieces.. Bites the body and then swallows the leggs.. I think she's an advanced learner..

Back
Top Bottom