The Avocado Grove...Florida...

Long way around...
Click on the Lin I posted above...when it loads, copy the web address and pasteitinto google. Once Google has loaded click on the first site titled..
"Nets and Nooses: Adventures in Herpetology".
You should be able see the video then...I hope.

nets.jpg

So...what do you all think about the chameleon in the video?
Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
In what way (other than the seemingly large size for a Yemen, and the lichen growing on it)?

The vid reminded me of collecting green anoles in my grandfather's yard in FL when I was 6 or 7.
We'd go out early in the morning before the dew burned off, spread a sheet under the hedge bushes, and shake the bush. The cold sleepy anoles would drop onto the sheet where I could collect or watch them. :)

@Klyde O'Scope said..."In what way (other than the seemingly large size for a Yemen, and the lichen growing on it)?"....look at the casque....is everyone sure it's a veiled? Or is it an Oustalet's?

@Klyde O'Scope said..."In what way (other than the seemingly large size for a Yemen, and the lichen growing on it)?"....look at the casque....is everyone sure it's a veiled? Or is it an Oustalet's?
I had to look again, but I think you may be correct.

The first is from the video; the second, an Oustalet's from google images. Casque structure looks similar to me, yet different than a female Yemen (below). Good Spot! (y)

1601998484435.png
1601998521438.png

1601999835778.png

https://reptilesbymack.com/veiled-chameleon-care-sheet/

I believe most Oustalet's for the usa are "wild caught" or "farm raised" in Florida. They are only 2x more expensive than a pet store veiled.

???

The all look like rocks and bark. The girls can turn moss green in spots :)
"Look like" is one thing; those in the video actually had some kind of lichen (hence, crud) growing on them. IDK how healthy that is for them, but I can't imagine it's desirable in any way. YMMV.

"Look like" is one thing; those in the video actually had some kind of lichen (hence, crud) growing on them. IDK how healthy that is for them, but I can't imagine it's desirable in any way. YMMV.

Other than the stuck skin, yes they are kind of warty and look like a lichen is growing on them. Its a combo of the scales and coloring pattern.

Here is a crappy zoom of Harry's back when he was not shedding. Ousts do not have smooth skin like a veiled/panther, they are pretty lumpy.

IMG_20131003_205414.jpg
IMG_20131115_075006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom