Thats a mouthful!

deadhd5

Avid Member
I got a new camera (SamsungNX1000) and I thought I would take some pictures of my panthers eating :)

First up is Malcolm, who recently became a fan of eating huge roaches. He won't look twice at anything other than adults or the largest nymphs but destroys the big ones with glee..

NX1000

NX10000

Here is shy little Nelly with a cricket. Despite being scared of me, she is my most aggressive hunter, but is hard to get a good photo of (I need a 70-300mm lens). If any bug enters her cage, she immediately flies across the cage and zaps it :) The only thing she doesn't eat are snails..

NX1000

Last but certainly not least is Moe. He doesn't waste any time in swallowing his prey, so I had a hard time getting a photo of him eating.. Here he is right after his favorite treat, superworms :)

NX1000

Here is an updated photo of their home :)
NX1000

Stay tuned, a new roommate is moving this weekend ;) from forum member Little Leaf :D

All of your chams look gorgeous and so happy. :) It's amazing how much Malcolm looks like Jr did a couple of years ago and Moe kind of favors my Hendershot too.

I am so happy that you are getting a new little guy from Cheryl. Congrats and I can't wait to see pictures.

All of your chams look gorgeous and so happy. :) It's amazing how much Malcolm looks like Jr did a couple of years ago and Moe kind of favors my Hendershot too.

I am so happy that you are getting a new little guy from Cheryl. Congrats and I can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks Jann for your kind words and support over the past couple weeks. Comparisons to Jr. and Hendershot are great complements and I am sure my chams would blush (if they could blush, and understand language, lol)

I am really excited to be getting a little guy from Cheryl. She made me such a generous offer of one of Olive's sweet little boys that is getting picked on by the rest. I was going to wait indefinitely to get a new cham as I am really missing Reggie, but this opportunity was meant to be :) He will be staying in the two large reptibreeze cages in the middle that I have attached to make one large cage.

Great lookin' cham room! Nice shots of feeding time as well! ;)

Thanks Decadancin! I came down with pink eye this week and have been working from my home office all week (which happens to be my cham room). I wish I could permantently work from home because it is so nice hanging out all day in my home jungle with my chams :)

you guys and gal are just beautiful!!!! im guessing Nelly is Moe's gf.... any breeding in the future for them? :)
your enclosures look GREAT, what size is that one on the left? next to the two that are attached??
thanks,, lisa

you guys and gal are just beautiful!!!! im guessing Nelly is Moe's gf.... any breeding in the future for them? :)
your enclosures look GREAT, what size is that one on the left? next to the two that are attached??
thanks,, lisa

Hi Lisa! Thanks for the review :)

That is indeed Moe's girl. I have not bred them yet, but I do have plans to at some point. I have been giving her time to settle in at the same time trying to convince the wife that breeding wouldn't be that big of deal :)

That is a Penn Plax 2x2x4, but I think it is slightly larger (it overhangs my 2x2 drainage tray from lllreptile). It has a plexiglass door for better chameleon viewing :) It is definitely a more sturdy cage that the reptibreeze, but about 50% more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom