Thank you to the forum

jim734123

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the suppourt and feed back from all of the forum memebers over the last year and a half. my female jacksonii died this morning/last night. not sure if i will get another right away as they are quite a committment. either way, thank you. I'm sure ill be a chameleon owner again one day.

wow. So sorry to hear this. I hope that you'll keep your chin up and keep plugging away. Do you know the cause of death? :confused:

So sorry for ur loss :( I hope u do get another one!
Also there's a neat memorium forum u should put pics up in there so she can be enjoyed for years.

Very sorry to hear about that, Glad you are enjoying CF, I too hope you stay in the hobby :)

yeah it was the mother to the babies, i had her for about a year and a half and i imagine she was about that old when i got her. she was doing great eating, drinking, and pooping. then last 3 days i noticed she was acting slow and i noticed her at the bottom of the cage, where i never see her. i am pretty sure she was wild caught so maybe she died of old age. i had 4 of the babies live to 4-5 months then they started to die off on me. the last one lived for about 7 months. it was a pain to run those fruit fly cultures for that long and buy pin heads for $.10 a piece to see them die off for no apparent reason. thanks for the suppourt. ill be sure to post when i make the plunge and get another one.

im sorry for your loss, but at least now you can solve all the problems your where having if you choose to get another cham, always time to learn, so far i basically learn something new off here every day.

sorry to hear that. montanes arent that tricky, but they are different. if you decide to give it another go, your experience will have you better prepared for the next time.
if you decide to try again pm me first and i will make some recommendations as to where to get the healthiest starter animal as well as some basic info to get you off to a better start. jmo ps if you still have an interest, be sure to check out hoj"s excellent montane care sheet.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/hoj/

Last edited:
yeah it was the mother to the babies, i had her for about a year and a half and i imagine she was about that old when i got her. she was doing great eating, drinking, and pooping. then last 3 days i noticed she was acting slow and i noticed her at the bottom of the cage, where i never see her. i am pretty sure she was wild caught so maybe she died of old age. i had 4 of the babies live to 4-5 months then they started to die off on me. the last one lived for about 7 months. it was a pain to run those fruit fly cultures for that long and buy pin heads for $.10 a piece to see them die off for no apparent reason. thanks for the suppourt. ill be sure to post when i make the plunge and get another one.
imo, by 1 mth, neonates should be off ffs and onto bsfl bbfs and small silks, 1/4" dubia. jmo

Back
Top Bottom