Temps and humidity

https://caskabove.com/hydration-resources

This is my site I am working on. The petspionere is a good one. @Beman I believe uses this on. I did till I dropped it and cracked the case. Just don't do that lol. But it puts out good fog, parts are easy to replace
They’re all sold out of the one you linked :( . And a question. When I do get this, do I put it inside the cage or near it? Would you mind showing me how yours is set up?

The humidity in my house is actually around 30 during the day. but for some reason her enclosure will not reach humidity levels over 27% if I don’t mist a second time during the day. She has a 24x24x48 all screen enclosure I’ll link a pic below. I want to get a humidifier or digger so if you guys could link some good ones I’ll be willing to buy one. But no I do not have one, I mist at 8pm, again at 12am, and again at 2 am. Then I mist at 9am and if needed again at 2pm. But I didn’t normally mist at 2pm it’s just getting dryer than before. I do put a sheet over her enclosure at night to try keeping the humidity.
Are you measuring your humidity on the hot side of her cage?
I have 3 separate thermometer/hygrometers for my enclosure. I get different readings from all 3.
Humidity under the basking spot sits at the mid 20s during the day. Cool side is at 40%
Bottom is 48%
I do run a fogger near her sleep spot at night.
I also have a humidifier running round the clock in the room.
Winter sucks.

I have 3 separate thermometer/hygrometers for my enclosure. I get different readings from all 3.
Humidity under the basking spot sits at the mid 20s during the day. Cool side is at 40%
Bottom is 48%
Winter sucks.
I have a hydrometer and thermometer with probes. I let the probe sit in each place I’m trying to measure for 10 minutes then check on it. Her basking branch was 82 today, below was 79, the bottom of her enclosure I have a sweater thermometer which usually reads 60-65. The coldest area is 65 but I am measuring with probes. Winter does suck

Bottom is 48%
Winter sucks.
I have a hydrometer and thermometer with probes. I let the probe sit in each place I’m trying to measure for 10 minutes then check on it. Her basking branch was 82 today, below was 79, the bottom of her enclosure I have a sweater thermometer which usually reads 60-65. The coldest area is 65 but I am measuring with probes. Winter does suck
Oh sorry! Forgot to add those are the temps. The humidity is usually lower near the top, 25-32% humidity. And the bottom is usually 40 all day.

Hey Beman, I also have another question. I feed my girl 4-5 feeders every other day. She is coming on 8 months, do you think this is a good amount?
Time to reduce her further to 3 days a week with 3 feeders. So first cut back to 3 every other day then by the time she hits 10 months she needs to be on 3 days a week of 3 feeders.

They’re all sold out of the one you linked :( . And a question. When I do get this, do I put it inside the cage or near it? Would you mind showing me how yours is set up?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V39ZYJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vplXDb9GMSZDZ

Should be similar to this.... You can see the fogger in between... run the hose up and over. Keep it up off the cage an inch so it does not back up with water. Or have it go up and into a side using a PVB pipe elbow. Same thing though you do not want it pressed to the screen or the water will build up blocking the fog.

jpeg-imag.jpg

try this one,
https://www.amazon.com/PETSPIONEER-...ac9f11213d17c42b0f0798e3002bed&language=en_US

So mine is kind of different as it is DIY. But this one comes with two hoses. I would try connecting a hose to each side of the cage, so it flows in on both sides. Leve a little extra hose on top so you can adjust to flow over your cham.

Edit Sorry about the link I am working on a DB to verify them on a regular basis. They change fast.

I have a couple of these foggers. I like the large reservoir and it can produce a lot of fog at maximum power. I inserted an 1 1/4 inch pvc pipe then added adapter pieces to get to 1/2 inch and piped to my enclosures
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PTAGB3G?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
13D77EFE-7388-4935-84BD-381C213669EF.jpeg

If you want to cover the sides of a screen cage, @Beman showed me this source for marine vinyl that you can wrap your enclosure in. It worked great for my reptibreeze
https://www.etsy.com/listing/492482460/clear-marine-vinyl-by-the-yard-20-30-40?ref=yr_purchases

I have a couple of these foggers. I like the large reservoir and it can produce a lot of fog at maximum power. I inserted an 1 1/4 inch pvc pipe then added adapter pieces to get to 1/2 inch and piped to my enclosures
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PTAGB3G?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
View attachment 287048
If you want to cover the sides of a screen cage, @Beman showed me this source for marine vinyl that you can wrap your enclosure in. It worked great for my reptibreeze
https://www.etsy.com/listing/492482460/clear-marine-vinyl-by-the-yard-20-30-40?ref=yr_purchases
You can re screen panels using that as well ;) but you want the 20 gauge for it.

Omg! Does it just roam in the bathroom?

She only comes down if gravid. It goes to the other side. Has misters and lights. I only use the fog few days a week right now.

When she was younger she tried to explore, but now she seems content.

She is more like a cat. Wants nothing to do with you, then she sees you have food and comes running.

She also helps with brushing your teeth by always giving that look like you didn’t do a good job. Lol

She only comes down if gravid. It goes to the other side. Has misters and lights. I only use the fog few days a week right now.

When she was younger she tried to explore, but now she seems content.

She is more like a cat. Wants nothing to do with you, then she sees you have food and comes running.

She also helps with brushing your teeth by always giving that look like you didn’t do a good job. Lol
That is awesome ! I saw a video where someone had their room set up like this and kept a chameleon in it. I was wondering how that worked.

Is there Any way to decrease humidity?i have 60 in my home and ofc 60 all day in enclosure...what can i do?

No there is no problem, I can just her during the day but then the humidity gets to like 60-70 and I’m just having trouble getting it perfect.
That sounds like a balancing problem. You want to raise daytime humidity, but not to the point of 60-70%. I would try misting during the day, but not as much as during the night (E.g. instead of 2 min., try misting for 1 min.). You may have to experiment a little, as with basking lights. Temporary spikes in humidity should be OK—it's the averages we should be shooting for.

Back
Top Bottom