Temporal gland

Gladius79

anyone have pictures of Panther chameleons with temporal infections?? Just got an 8mnth male panther and this evening it seemed like the corner of the right side of his mouth was meatier than the left. I noticed this because he randomly had his mouth open for about 30 secs. This also worries me, and is why I noticed. Unfortunately did not get pic.

Forgot to say that I have been a chameleon hypochondriac ever since I purchased my guy. Actually, probably before I even purchased him. This being said, I may have seen nothing and am just convincing myself something is wrong.??Also, he always has white along his lips, but seems to have a little more all the sudden?? Do I need a Vet or a Psychiatrist?? I'm thinking probably both.Will try to get pics tomorrow. Any help until then is appreciated!

Haven't been able to get a good picture of left side. This is the side I am concerned about.
20200518_150034.jpg

Here is one straight on. Like I said in original post, may be just going crazy. Can't tell if left side is the same??
20200518_150027.jpg

Jackson's and a few rarer species have temporal glands. Panthers don't have them but they do get infections in their mouth and jaw. That bulge doesn't look normal.

Back
Top Bottom