Temporal gland infection

I have 5 females. I've been searching for a couple of males. My male passed last year from yellow fungus contracted from the pet store

I had someone try to sell me 2 males at one month old .I won't purchase and have a Jacksons shipped to me until they are 5 months old. Sometimes the seem more susceptible to thing than other species

Wow, you were lucky not to lose them all to yellow fungus it's soo contagious. What are you looking for age and origin wise Hawaii or Kenya?

They are a tad smaller so I'm fairly positive they ate hawaiian. I don't want to risk crossing blood lines.

The I'm wanting to go with 7 plus months .I really want them to be well established in health. I've seen too many ppl purchase young and health issues start arising as they age

If it was for nothing more than a pet younger would be ok .but they will be breeding g stock so I want something solid

Odds are they are hawaiian just because until very recently almost all in the US came from Hawaii. The Kenyan Xanth Project is the first major import from Kenya in a long time and those are just having babies getting to be 6 mos or so now. I might know someone that has captive bred hawaiian xanths.

I didn't mean to rip that one's off but with what she was asking you could tell she didn't have a clue as to what I was asking.

On the manuka honey what is the best one to get rae, organic, there's more option than I thought there would be

I sent them a message to PM you if they have anything available.
A husbandry review is a good thing as we see a lot of people have been given very bad info and the help form has saved many chameleons lives. Everyone on here is just looking after the chameleons best interest including ERKlerose. Filling out the form gets the ball rolling and calls attention to your thread and gets more people to help.
Temporal gland problems are specific to just a few species like the three species of Jackson's, Mellers etc.

I don't think it matters but I avoid using raw honey because it can contain botulism spores and I don't know if that is a problem for reptiles or not. I know it affects baby mammals.

All of mine have done great with the humidity that I've had for a couple years now and then this girl just went caflooky. Eliese said she had the same thing happen when her male got it

I didn't mean to rip that one's off but with what she was asking you could tell she didn't have a clue as to what I was asking.
Just because you didn’t like my response doesn’t mean you have to bring me down. I was trying to help and obviously you don’t want it. I’m sorry, I won’t try to help you again if anything more arises.

Just because you didn’t like my response doesn’t mean you have to bring me down. I was trying to help and obviously you don’t want it. I’m sorry, I won’t try to help you again if anything more arises.
I know you were just trying to help. I didn'ean to rip your head off I'm sorry for that. This particular female I breed and raised so she's one of my babies and I had already checked and rechecked the husbandry. I was looking for other explanations on what could have caused the tgi. Her mother and father are the two I lost to yellow fungus being brought I'm to my collection last year. So she's very special to me and I was freaking out. Her parents were two of my original stock that a Cham my bf at the time purchased at a pet store and refused to quarantine transferred it to them. Please accept my apology and know it was not directed at me being mean.

I know you were just trying to help. I didn'ean to rip your head off I'm sorry for that. This particular female I breed and raised so she's one of my babies and I had already checked and rechecked the husbandry. I was looking for other explanations on what could have caused the tgi. Her mother and father are the two I lost to yellow fungus being brought I'm to my collection last year. So she's very special to me and I was freaking out. Her parents were two of my original stock that a Cham my bf at the time purchased at a pet store and refused to quarantine transferred it to them. Please accept my apology and know it was not directed at me being mean.
Next time, just word it nicer. No one here knows about your husbandry, so I was trying to get you to fill out the form so experienced Jackson’s keepers here could help you out with the most information possible

Back
Top Bottom