Temperature

Briannarosexx

I live in NY where it’s very cold here now. My house temps range from 69-71/72.
How do I get my nightly temps within the enclosure to drop to the 60 degrees as recommended? Any help is appreciated :)

Depending on the location of your chameleon, you could try to close a vent partially to get that room less heat. I HIGHLY recommend the govee temp sensor from amazon, I got two of them on sale for a decent price. It will track your temps and humidity and provide a chart to see, my temps inside the enclosure are lower than the outside usually due to the misting sitting in there and all that jazz. Here's the link, I'm in OH so we have a similar situation here too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C39TSV2W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Depending on the location of your chameleon, you could try to close a vent partially to get that room less heat. I HIGHLY recommend the govee temp sensor from amazon, I got two of them on sale for a decent price. It will track your temps and humidity and provide a chart to see, my temps inside the enclosure are lower than the outside usually due to the misting sitting in there and all that jazz. Here's the link, I'm in OH so we have a similar situation here too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C39TSV2W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
That is an idea I haven’t even thought of!! I can also open my office window a tad bit. Office=reptile room. Lol
I have two leopard geckos in here as well. Where do you keep the govee?

I wouldn't recommend doing the window open thing until you can get the temps checked inside of it first. I have mine in the top part of the enclosure offset from the basking so it's not getting blasted by that light and it gets the ambient temp, there is a loop spot in it that I used the zip tie to put on one of the branches. I also have a 2nd one in the bottom / middle of enclosure in the corner under a plant (I dont think this one is needed) my reptile room is also my office too! :) I have a Uromastyx and Tegu out in the living room but the Pair of Utilia Island iguanas and panther chameleon live in my office :)

I wouldn't recommend doing the window open thing until you can get the temps checked inside of it first. I have mine in the top part of the enclosure offset from the basking so it's not getting blasted by that light and it gets the ambient temp, there is a loop spot in it that I used the zip tie to put on one of the branches. I also have a 2nd one in the bottom / middle of enclosure in the corner under a plant (I dont think this one is needed) my reptile room is also my office too! :) I have a Uromastyx and Tegu out in the living room but the Pair of Utilia Island iguanas and panther chameleon live in my office :)
Would u mind sending photo of where your top govee is ?

It's hard to tell depth but it's behind the heat bulb

1704736911477.jpeg

Hello and welcome! You have been given great info by @naterowley! I also use the Govee sensors and have one near my basking branch and another in the middle/top area of my enclosure.

I too live in Ny, and my 2nd full year with a cham. I had to wrap 3 sides of my mesh enclosure and increase the times I mist overnight. I can get my temps down to about 68 lowest with the heat on (we have a pellet stove so it sadly dries everything out also). I have panthers, they seem to do ok but each species differs weather tolerance.

Same here with Govee. Top, middle and bottom measurements. You can add alarm settings with notifications to your smart phone. Peace of mind.

1704773716446.png

Back
Top Bottom