tempature and heating of cage

yoshi9

what should the tempature be of a veiled chameleon and how do you get the tempature there and what should the humidity be?

what should the tempature be of a veiled chameleon and how do you get the tempature there and what should the humidity be?

ok look here we go..lol...the temps should be like 60-85...ok..a house hold bulb should be good for a basking spot...i use a 45watt ...work great for me and my little guy and for homidity u could spary sown the cage like 5 five time a day...thats if u have the time for that or a humidifier :p;)

To be a little more specific I think what Vegas Shooby was trying to say it they can take temps in that degree range. But your overall cage temp should range in the low to mid 70's and your preferred basking temp should be about 80-82 degrees if it is a juvenile and you can bump that up about 6 degrees or so for an adult. If your baby is really young some people don't even use basking lights, depending on the overall temp of your cage. If you overall temp is hovering around 80 at the top then you don't have to use a basking light until he/she gets a little older. As far as humidity you wanna try to keep around 50%+ with spikes after misting. Using live plants, misting, and using a dripper can help keep up the humidity in your enclosure.

To be a little more specific I think what Vegas Shooby was trying to say it they can take temps in that degree range. But your overall cage temp should range in the low to mid 70's and your preferred basking temp should be about 80-82 degrees if it is a juvenile and you can bump that up about 6 degrees or so for an adult. If your baby is really young some people don't even use basking lights, depending on the overall temp of your cage. If you overall temp is hovering around 80 at the top then you don't have to use a basking light until he/she gets a little older. As far as humidity you wanna try to keep around 50%+ with spikes after misting. Using live plants, misting, and using a dripper can help keep up the humidity in your enclosure.

lol nice :p:p:rolleyes:;)

alright thanks i will be getting a mister from mistking.com so the humidty should be pretty well maintained and i have all live plants except for my one plastic vine

Back
Top Bottom