Tell me about your happy,healthy xanth clutches or share your best baby raising tips

Me_just_me

Like so many others I am the new(surprise) caregiver to 31 xanth babies,I bought the mother on May 17 not knowing she was gravid. I have a male I love as well,but had zero desire to breed these.....EVER
Babies were born July 17 and so far all are still alive. I tried to use exoterras and aquariums,but the water pooled at the bottom and I worried there wasn't enough air flow. Right now I'm using 2 66qt sweater totes with the short ends screened in and the lids off. I have a reptisun 5.0 over both. With a combination of a cool mister humidifer and lots of misting I can keep the temps and humidity in the mid to low 70s. Each tote has a live spider plant,a few silk plants and lots of tiny twigs for climbing,everything is low so the babies can't climb out. I'm feeding pinheads and hydei
I have been reading all the sad stories of entire clutches dying and I'd love to hear happy stories and tips if something has worked well for you in the past.I am ridiculously attached to these babies and am doing everything in my power to give them a great chance at life

Please excuse me, I'm still new to all Cham types. What exactly is a "xanth" again?? I was curious in case you were looking to sell in the future... ;);)

Back
Top Bottom