Teach me all the things about Parsonii Cristifer

A cham room is the dream, but isn't going to happen anytime soon. For now they would be in my living room so I'll just have to setup my thermostat to provide the temps that they need like what you do with Beman.
I know that you decided to purchase these two amazing little Parsons. I am wondering in your set up now what are you doing for drainage to accommodate 30min to 1 hour mist sessions? I am getting a Parsons soon and will buy a dragonstrand.

Great question. I'd recommend the Dragon Strand hybrid enclosure which helps keep the water inside the enclosure (mostly). I also keep a towel in front of the enclosures to help catch any leftover mist.

What works well for me is to drill some holes in the bottom of the PVC floor and place some potted plants towards the center to help the water pool towards the whole. That then goes into a tube which is caught by a bucket down below.

You may want to consider using a dripper as a way to provide water for your chams instead of relying just on long misting sessions. But it totally depends on your cham's drinking response and the humidity levels you can create. I like to provide drippers as the main water/drinking source and add in a long misting session 1-2x week.

You can check out my drainage system at 3:13 in this video:

Back
Top Bottom