Tattoo?

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of Leo, do you think this picture would be good?

DSC01799.jpg

Great photo! It will look great! I, on the other hand, am in the process of REMOVING on of my tattoos....lol it's not a cham though

Great photo! It will look great! I, on the other hand, am in the process of REMOVING on of my tattoos....lol it's not a cham though

Haha yeah, one of those pesky not-very-well-thought-out tattoos? lol this will be my birthday present, my boyfriend said he will buy me my first tattoo and I was going to get the aerosmith logo but decided Leo would be better :D

Haha yeah, one of those pesky not-very-well-thought-out tattoos? lol this will be my birthday present, my boyfriend said he will buy me my first tattoo and I was going to get the aerosmith logo but decided Leo would be better :D

Nah, I like the tattoo, but hate that people can see it. I think Leo is a much better choice! :)

Nah, I like the tattoo, but hate that people can see it. I think Leo is a much better choice! :)

Haha ahh I see. Thanks =D I still want to get the aerosmith logo as seen on their young love album :p but not as a present. I will get that one myself a little later.

Do you have other tattoos?

Unless you're going for something huge, I'd suggest a pic with more of a profile shot so you get the beauty of the animal without needing the foliage....or, maybe you an crop that down and show us what you have in mind?

I don't like this photo as a tattoo ONLY because you can't see him in his entirety, so you see yourself having to include foliage. And then have that fade out, and I think it creates a more messy image.

I would do what others have suggested and just get a great profile shot of him. It's ok to have him on a little branch and have that fading out, but I think the main focus of the tattoo should be him in all his glory!

Okay I will try, my other suggestion was this one, but I would have only his head and I don't know if that would look good. I am going to try to get a better one but those are the ywo I have so far.

DSC01838.jpg

several photos r better

U outa take one good full body pic, a really good head shot and some others of just the foot for detail, and, where r u going to get the tattoo. There r many reputable shops out there, make sure u go to one of the well known artists , and get them to draw it up before its tsttooed like that u see if the work is what u want exactly.

dont rush

always take ur time when putting togeather a tattoo, now thats a really good head shot, but i would still bring in one that at a different angle showing different detail cause its the detail that will make the tattoo look realistic, and u need to find someone who does realisim in their tattooing, i knoow a guy he tattoo a new born well u can smell the baby powder it looks so real, and thats what u want. Where r u located, i will find a good artist for u. I have been in the industry for 30 years

always take ur time when putting togeather a tattoo, now thats a really good head shot, but i would still bring in one that at a different angle showing different detail cause its the detail that will make the tattoo look realistic, and u need to find someone who does realisim in their tattooing, i knoow a guy he tattoo a new born well u can smell the baby powder it looks so real, and thats what u want. Where r u located, i will find a good artist for u. I have been in the industry for 30 years

I am in new hampshire, a ways from texas, but if you know anyone that would be great!

Hey, your chameleon is cool looking. I plan on getting a chameleon tatto after my panther gets his full color. I really like a piece by mc esher. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/Escher_Stars.JPG/300px-Escher_Stars.JPG <link to piece. My best friend has a vieled so I have an amazing tatto artist that is going to make one of the chams in it look like mine and one like my friends. It's going to have to be pretty big to get the full affect but I think views that get the tail let people see what the tattoo is of from farther away.

Good luck

Hey everybody i've been working on my cham tattoo for a couple months now. I have a couple pics in the member gallery if you want to check em out.

well I found the woman I want to go to, her name is laurie angel bourgoine. She owns electric angel tattoo in brookline, nh. Now I just need to find/take a good picture.

Found a great picture, I think it would look really nice. She could add in hhis blues/yellows/greens because he was a little brown in the picture but it's a great photo. Some of you may recognize it:

DSC013061.jpg

I agree with gabzzy, research your artist, many will say they can do it but theres very few that will live up to it..
I been tattooing for 10 years now and ive seen alot of bad tattoos over the years..
Theres a convention called paradise tattoo gathering, there might be some good references and resources for you to look at.. I dont remember where exactly its is hosted and when, but i do know its out by the east coast...

Its also not a good idea to shop around, try to base you research more on artwork than price..in the tattoo bizness you get what you pay for :)

That last picture seems like a winner btw..

I agree with gabzzy, research your artist, many will say they can do it but theres very few that will live up to it..
I been tattooing for 10 years now and ive seen alot of bad tattoos over the years..
Theres a convention called paradise tattoo gathering, there might be some good references and resources for you to look at.. I dont remember where exactly its is hosted and when, but i do know its out by the east coast...

Its also not a good idea to shop around, try to base you research more on artwork than price..in the tattoo bizness you get what you pay for :)

That last picture seems like a winner btw..

The woman I want to go too has had very good reviews and I have been advised by many people to check her out. My grandfather is going to go to her also. I want to call and set up a consultation to see more of her work and see what her ideas are.

Back
Top Bottom