Tarantulas...

lisagr07

Avid Member
Any one here keep them and know of a good forum to get info on them?
I they're gorgeous and find myself developing a growing interest in them!
Thanks

Check out arachnoboards.com, lot of good information there. If you really want to get into spiders I can maybe get you some babies through a friend of mine, virtually all he keeps is spiders. The first time I went to his house I was in complete awe haha, he literally has walls of spiders.

Check out arachnoboards.com, lot of good information there. If you really want to get into spiders I can maybe get you some babies through a friend of mine, virtually all he keeps is spiders. The first time I went to his house I was in complete awe haha, he literally has walls of spiders.

Thanks for the info bugboy!
I'm not ready to go any further other than research and learning. That's why I wanted a good forum, like CF, to learn from!! But I will keep your offer in mind!
I think they are really beautiful but honestly know nothing of their care.. got lots of reading to do!
Thanks again!! Lisa

They are very hardy and easy to look after. I have a "Mexican fireleg" and not only is beautiful but also very tame and easy to handle.
The main concern is when they are ready to molt, but otherwise it's all pretty straight forward.
They don't need any lighting, or heating and they can eat the same worms and crickets that chameleon eat.
You won't regret it if you do decide to go ahead :)

Thanks for the info bugboy!
I'm not ready to go any further other than research and learning. That's why I wanted a good forum, like CF, to learn from!! But I will keep your offer in mind!
I think they are really beautiful but honestly know nothing of their care.. got lots of reading to do!
Thanks again!! Lisa

No problem. Most spiders are virtually foolproof; spray them down once/twice a week, feed crickets/roaches once a week, and make sure the enclosure you keep them in is of an appropriate size. That's basically it, there's really nothing to them. The only thing I would recommend researching is what species are good with handling (if that's something you care about), and what species are flighty or have a more potent venom. That's probably important to know. :D Just so you know, my friend doesn't always have everything available. He has many spiders, but it takes certain species several years before they become mature and ready to breed. It is that reason that he is starting to lean towards true spiders as the majority of his collection. Faster growth rates and a new experience, he tells me all the time how he's kept virtually every tarantula and wanted to try something new. If there's a possibility that he has something you want though, I will certainly ask and get back to you.

This is totally nightmare inspiring, thank you :eek:

Your welcome haha. I wasn't too interested in spiders myself the first time I went over there. Whether you like them or not, that place is impressive. If I get his permission I will post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom