Tarantula

vgaines

My daughter (she is 20) is wanting a Tarantula and I think I have given in and decided to get her one. (shes been wanting one since she was around 10 and I told her that I would never have one in my house. lol) Neither of us wants to buy one for a pet store but would really like to find a breeder in our local area. Any ideas on where to look. I live in the Houston Texas area and don't mind driving a few hours to pick up a spider. I want to avoid shipping one if I can. Any info on where to look or on keeping a tarantula would be great.

Thanks,
Virginia

My local Petsmart & I believe Petco have them for sale for about $17-20. I don't see why yours wouldn't either. You can call and ask. Not sure about local breeders :-\

I would give you my Tarantula if you were local!

As you are new to tarantulas I wouldn't get an old world one. They are fast and mean. Iv been keeping tarantulas since I was 18. I'm now 23. I just got a baby horned baboon tarantula and he is fast and very aggressive. Just thought you should know. I would say find a baby rose hair. They are very nice.

As you are new to tarantulas I wouldn't get an old world one. They are fast and mean. Iv been keeping tarantulas since I was 18. I'm now 23. I just got a baby horned baboon tarantula and he is fast and very aggressive. Just thought you should know. I would say find a baby rose hair. They are very nice.

Oh we know.. lol (not that it will be out of it's LOCKED habitat much...:eek:) Have been doing a lot of research and what she is looking for is a Grammostola or an Avicularia. We are also looking for a female and our local Petco only has a male at this time. We are both a little leery of getting one from a big chain pet store because we want to know about its background and know that it has been well taken care of.

Thanks for the advice. We will continue looking until we find just what she is looking for...:D

My local Petsmart & I believe Petco have them for sale for about $17-20. I don't see why yours wouldn't either. You can call and ask. Not sure about local breeders :-\

I would give you my Tarantula if you were local!

Our local Petco only has a male and we want a female. Plus we don't really want to get one from a big chain pet store. Would rather get one from a breeder. If we can avoid having one shipped that would be great. Thanks for the response.. :)

I have a good friend who is one of the best known breeders in the US, though if he has babies of what you're looking for I'm not sure. Do you have a specific species in mind? I should also mention that he and myself are from Long Island, NY so if shipping is that much of an issue then maybe I can't help. I figured I'd comment anyway haha, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom