Tanzanian Cham

I WAS leaning towards Chamaeleo gracilis, but the casque lobes look pretty large and was throwing me off. Which doesnt help because its out of focus.

Now Im going to go with Chamaeleo dilepis

Last edited:

MicheleSmith

I was in Tanzania 2 years ago where they have exportation faculties and I saw quite few of these by lake Manyara, just north of Arusha. Casques varying in height, I think they are Ch. Gracilis, but what do I know.

Jerm

Avid Member
Due to C. C. gracilis not displaying the large occipital lobes, I'm pretty definate that it is a C. C. delepis.
gracilis:

delepis:

Last edited:

Brandy

The delipis group has alot of variation, there is a article commin up in chameleon news about them looks like one of the delipis to me (there are 6 or more subspecies of delipis) could also be C.roperi or a few others that look very similar

Roperi female

delipis delipis female

delipis delipis male

a23cham

MicheleSmith said:
I was in Tanzania 2 years ago where they have exportation faculties and I saw quite few of these by lake Manyara, just north of Arusha. Casques varying in height, I think they are Ch. Gracilis, but what do I know.
i was there in january but wasnt able to spot any chams on my safari

Damaranum

Established Member
I'm sure it's a animal from the chamaeleon dilepis group. But which for I can not say by these pics.

where is the animal found?

Top Bottom