Tanks

JermoB

When your chameleon starts to get bigger and needs to be moved to a tank with all open air, can you use a tank with air sockets in it or should it be all caging on each side??

You should have a chameleon in an all screen tank all the time im pretty sure. Using glass is not good because it shows the reflection of the chameleon which they are scared of and no ventilation so this means BacteriA.

Caging.......

I use glass Exoterra cages for my hatchlings. It has a screen top but the glass gives them extra humidity. Glass is fine for hatchlings. After two months chams, other than the types that need terrariums, should be in an all screen cage.

JermoB this question has several different answers. Really kind of depends on where you are located in the world.

Say someone like me who lives in the SE USA could take advantage of what the enviroment they live in has to offer with and all screen cage. Humidity is fine almost year round and temperatures stay favorable.

Of course someone in Canada where it is cold and dry alot of the year might adopt a three solid wall type enclosure. This would allow them to take less drastic measures to keep the humidity and temperatures up.

Someone out in the desert might adopt some sides on their cage to help with humidity.

I would kind of look at where you are located and how your house/apartment stays and then make a decision. What you go with can make life a little easier down the line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom