Taming??

King4Zerg

Hi, my veiled used to climb on my arm and now he gets puffy and hissy and he thinks I'm a gummy bear, how should I get him out? I need to really clean the cage and get him out because I have to go through everything for his shedding's. What's a good way to tame and get him out of the cage? I saw something about wearing a long sleeve hoodie or jacket is this right or???

Your chameleon is suffering from TVS, Teenage Veiled Syndrome. It will last around 2 sheds of time.

As for getting him out of the cage, you may have to shove in some several foot long "travel" sticks so he can climb out of the cage, then you can just walk with him on the stick. Or you can leave the door open with a low mounted feeder cup.

Have you tried to lure him out with treats like silk or horn worms? I usually streatch out my arm and put my hand on a branch in front of him and then dangle his favorite treat in front of him just out of tounge range. As he advances, back the treat up so he has to keep walking forward and onto your hand.

Your chameleon is suffering from TVS, Teenage Veiled Syndrome. It will last around 2 sheds of time.

As for getting him out of the cage, you may have to shove in some several foot long "travel" sticks so he can climb out of the cage, then you can just walk with him on the stick. Or you can leave the door open with a low mounted feeder cup.

Is there an age range for this? :LOL: mine's doing the same thing, though he doesn't try to bite, but he will bat at my hand with his tongue occasionally.. lolol

But Anole is on point, I personally have a medium sized (like foot and a half long) branch wrapped in some vine that I can bamboozle him into climbing onto when I need to get him out, then I put him onto a house plant (pothos) I have nearby so he can feel comfortable while I do my thing with his coop. Just gotta be patient, we run on their time. :)

Is there an age range for this? :LOL: mine's doing the same thing, though he doesn't try to bite, but he will bat at my hand with his tongue occasionally.. lolol

But Anole is on point, I personally have a medium sized (like foot and a half long) branch wrapped in some vine that I can bamboozle him into climbing onto when I need to get him out, then I put him onto a house plant (pothos) I have nearby so he can feel comfortable while I do my thing with his coop. Just gotta be patient, we run on their time. :)

Thanks, this might help so I should wait it out?

Back
Top Bottom