Taking the worm by the horns

giesle

Avid Member
Haven't gotten this guy out much lately. Up until a few months ago he was very orange, then he was white when fired. Now, after shedding last week, he has gotten some of his color back and is more green than he ever has been before. Been a few months since I did a tongue shoot with him, so was a little out of practice. Glad I got what I was after yesterday before he starts to get fat. Just about out of hornworms anyway. The background is my standard white paper spray painted with blue.

Chameleon%20Takes%20Hornworm%20By%20The%20Horns.jpg

Chameleon%20Snatches%20Hornworm.jpg

Very nice shots as always Scott.

I had a panther once that lost all of his colors one winter when my daughter had him away with her at college in a very cold state. Once he got back to FL and in some natural sun his color returned. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Jann. I had to move him into a spare bedroom when I got a new puppy and he lost his color pretty much that same day. I think it is about safe to move him back into the spare closet in my bedroom, so will probably do that before long. Here he is a month ago next to said puppy.
i-LSzj6zS.jpg

Wow those are amazing pictures!! I wish I had the right camera and lens to get shots like those. Beautiful!

Thanks all.

Amazing shots!! Out of curiosity what lens/shutter speed did you use with it?
I just used the fairly cheap Canon 28-135 lens. Shutter speed is 1/250 because that is the flash sync speed of Canon. One flash from the ceiling behind pointing at the background, another to the side of the camera shooting through a softbox. I had the flashes set to 1/8 power, which to translates to roughly 1/8000 of a second.

Wow, you've got your new puppy trained just like your other dog! It's always a treat to see your pictures (coffee table book, hint, hint!) :D

I look forward to your amazing pics, keep them coming. Also I've never seen a panther loose its colors like that, glad to see he is back to healthy colors.
Thanks for sharing all:D
Dave

Wow, you've got your new puppy trained just like your other dog! It's always a treat to see your pictures (coffee table book, hint, hint!) :D
Haha. Not quite just yet. That was the nervous I had ever been taking any picture. I made it super quick and made sure I kept her attention so she didn't look left. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom