Taking care of our own.

So to everyone....

I just received an absolutely amazing gift in the mail from @janjan20 Janet. Apparently my address and email has now hit the forum lol

Her baby Basil has been fighting Coccidia since the end of April. I hope we can all show her the same kindness I have been shown and lift her up with amazing support while Basil continues to make his recovery. She is an incredible person and has been so loving to me through my experience all the while dealing with the very same thing I was.

Much love to you Janet.. I mean this and know in my heart your outcome will be different. While I know that does not take away from the stress of what your going through I hope it helps. xoxoxo

So to everyone....

I just received an absolutely amazing gift in the mail from @janjan20 Janet. Apparently my address and email has now hit the forum lol

Her baby Basil has been fighting Coccidia since the end of April. I hope we can all show her the same kindness I have been shown and lift her up with amazing support while Basil continues to make his recovery. She is an incredible person and has been so loving to me through my experience all the while dealing with the very same thing I was.

Much love to you Janet.. I mean this and know in my heart your outcome will be different. While I know that does not take away from the stress of what your going through I hope it helps. xoxoxo
@janjan20 i hope your little guy is doing better and recovering. I wish you and your basil many happy years

Becca, I missed the gofundme as well. But you have been my help and rock since I have had my cham. All the GOOD information I have on chameleon husbandry you have given to me. In all honesty, my chameleon wouldnt have stood a chance without you! I am truly sorry this all happened to you. But I want you to know how important you are to me and this entire forum. You may not have been able to save Bahari, but you HAVE saved so many others already! If there is anything I can do for you, please pm me! We are all thinking of you.

Becca, I missed the gofundme as well. But you have been my help and rock since I have had my cham. All the GOOD information I have on chameleon husbandry you have given to me. In all honesty, my chameleon wouldnt have stood a chance without you! I am truly sorry this all happened to you. But I want you to know how important you are to me and this entire forum. You may not have been able to save Bahari, but you HAVE saved so many others already! If there is anything I can do for you, please pm me! We are all thinking of you.
Awww thank you sweetheart... I am happy I was able to help you! I think what happened to me was hard on everyone. I don't think anyone wants to see a situation like this. I really appreciate you. I am proud of the strong keeper you have become! Your doing awesome! Keep learning right along with me. I am amazed at all I learn from the more experienced keepers. They have a plethora of valuable experience and knowledge and I love that they share it with us all!

So to everyone....

Oh I just saw this! You are so sweet and kind after all you have been through! Thank you so much for caring! You are amazing and continue to care for others in the midst of your loss. Much love to you Becca :love: :love:

Final update.

This afternoon I was approached by an anonymous donor. They have been following along and hanging back to see how things developed in the hopes that eventually the right thing would be done.

Since it is now obvious that this won’t happen, the donor saw fit to bless Becca with an anonymous donation of $360. There is significance in them choosing to donate exactly $360.

That puts the total amount collected at $1175.

Again, the donors only condition was anonymity, we will respect their wish. Not even Becca knows who it is.

Anonymous donor,
This morning I thought I had seen the best of our community in terms of compassion and support. And make no mistake, that bar was set high. Topping that would require an extraordinary act of selflessness but you did it with ease. You are the true personification of “We take care of our own.” Thank you for taking care of our Becca. On a personal level, thank you.

To the anonymous donor,

I do not know who you are and that does not make this gesture mean any less to me. I do understand the significance in the amount you chose to gift me with. I am so incredibly overwhelmed by its meaning. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you understand the depth of how much this touched me.

Sincerely,
Becca

Back
Top Bottom