Taking care of our own.

I have been awol and i apologize profusely. I am saddened by this but i know how hard you worked for him and how much you have prepared. Thank you for all of what you have done for us here at CF. I enjoy our interaction. Dont let this stop you from moving forward. If you keep critters, shit happens. You were not neglecting him or his care. You are a nurturer by nature and encourage you to move forward with you Chameleon keeping. Continue to learn and try again. As a father of 3, i know what it is to sacrifice. If there is anything my family can do to help, please ask. I missed the GoFundMe and i would still like to help.

I hope this provides even the slightest relief after what you've been through Becca. I'm in awe at how you have handled all of this. You are incredible!
Thank you hun. Honestly I give my momma credit for how she raised me. I was taught to approach everything with love and kindness. That you get back what you give out in life. So in my life I have always thought that kindness cost me nothing and in helping and making others smile, well that is the real gift... I raise my daughter with the same intention. I see her mimic the lessons I have taught her and it warms my heart to know she is growing up with respect and love for others no matter the situation.

And please continue to make me laugh in posts... I have so enjoyed your interaction in the forum. :)

Wait Beman you are in Cali? Sue. You will win.

I dmed you, some info, but I thought you were in CO. This changes everything. You can sue them for the cost of the animals, all vet fees and pain and suffering, and your states laws are 100% on your side. You will win. Matt thought he was cheecky saying sue him. Do do that, you will win.

I have been awol and i apologize profusely. I am saddened by this but i know how hard you worked for him and how much you have prepared. Thank you for all of what you have done for us here at CF. I enjoy our interaction. Dont let this stop you from moving forward. If you keep critters, shit happens. You were not neglecting him or his care. You are a nurturer by nature and encourage you to move forward with you Chameleon keeping. Continue to learn and try again. As a father of 3, i know what it is to sacrifice. If there is anything my family can do to help, please ask. I missed the GoFundMe and i would still like to help.
I didnt miss it and donated. Still if there is anything just ask. We are here in California so maybe we can help build an outdoor space for beeman. Got tools and time!!

Thank you hun for being a part of this as well. Thank you for your words and gift. Outdoor space huh lol Well I may have to hit you up when I get moved... I wanna build him a huge one. I want him to feel like he is free and gets to be a real cham moving about in the plants basking in the warm California sun lol.

I dmed you, some info, but I thought you were in CO. This changes everything. You can sue them for the cost of the animals, all vet fees and pain and suffering, and your states laws are 100% on your side. You will win. Matt thought he was cheecky saying sue him. Do do that, you will win.

I will pass on this action... I do not feel that they knowingly sent me a sick cham. Honestly I do not at all and never did. I feel that even though they did not make it right... Well I in no way have wished them any harm through out all of this. I purposely asked for no drama in my thread and I tried to keep my interaction with them out of this situation. I have kept very quiet trying to just let this pass. I just want the experience to be over... I want to grieve and not have to relive this experience every day. I just want my Beman to come out of this un harmed.

It is plenty for me just to have the love and support from everyone here... I feel deeply and I hate to see pain and suffering. So while I try to recover I really hope everyone in this forum is able to as well. I know that this was hard on everyone here. I know seeing my hurt and struggle was difficult. I felt it was important that I was truly honest in my experience in my thread. I wanted others to know the depths something like this can bring someone down to. So that when we see threads needing help we first approach it with a sense of compassion and understanding.

Thank you for your support and kindness. Thank you for being a voice when I silenced mine.

Last edited:
I just want to give a shoutout to @Brodybreaux25 for being such an awesome friend and spending his whole weekend talking to people and organizing this to help a friend to ease some of the burden in a time of need.
And thank you, and everyone else, for making it as successful as it has been! We blew past both of our goals. The original goal was $500 and we blew past that in about 24hrs. It’s been a pleasure to work with everyone.

Thank you hun for being a part of this as well. Thank you for your words and gift. Outdoor space huh lol Well I may have to hit you up when I get moved... I wanna build him a huge one. I want him to feel like he is free and gets to be a real cham moving about in the plants basking in the warm California sun lol.
Anytime youre ready. Tools are always ready to build.

I would of donated myself had I known that there was a donation website up. I’ve been following and reading all of this very thoroughly behind the scenes. I’m not the one to go in and stir the pot by commenting my thoughts for all to see. I truly am sad for both parties on all what has occurred these last few weeks. From Becca’s standpoint she had had to endure sleepless nights and stress from dealing with a parasite she unknowingly knew was lurking in Bahari which ultimately led to his passing. And on top of that she still has work to be done with making sure Beman does not contract it as well. I’m a new chameleon owner and I can’t even begin to imagine the pain she has fought through these last few weeks. I’d never wish that on anyone. Your very strong Becca you will get through this you have a lot of people behind you on this.

Now as for Matt’s business reputation I really hope he somehow can put this behind him and everyone gets back on the same page. He really does present his business in a very well mannered way and seems to have really set high expectations for the selling of his chameleons. Out of all the breeders on here I chose him because the proof is in the pudding there are tons of threads on here with happy customers and happy chameleons from him. BUT what has transpired in these last few weeks has really put a scar on all of this and the way things have been handled really has set a fire on his reputation. That’s all I’m going to say about that.

This drama between threads is really hard to read and I hope when the dust settles for both parties that everyone becomes on the same page once again and moves on.

I have been so very grateful for the advice and sweet manner in which you gave it to me. Without finding this forum and the help of you and it’s other members, my chameleon would have suffered and eventually died from my ignorance. I wonder how many other tiny dragon lives has your help saved.
While I’m quite new here I quickly noticed that you are not just an important member of this community, but you seem like a truly caring person. I’m grateful to all you do for everyone and participating in this was just a small way to show you caring in return. Wishing you and Beman much peace and health.
Vikki :)

Final numbers are in, $815!

Becca, I will be turning this account over to you, as soon as I figure out how! Lol

This was my first experience running any kind of fundraiser. So if anyone knows how it works I’d appreciate the advice!
LOL uh oh... Brody and technology!

That is so amazing thank you hun for organizing all this. I was not expecting this and well as you saw me ugly cry about it yesterday already, I am just really so very touched by the support.

I have been so very grateful for the advice and sweet manner in which you gave it to me. Without finding this forum and the help of you and it’s other members, my chameleon would have suffered and eventually died from my ignorance. I wonder how many other tiny dragon lives has your help saved.
While I’m quite new here I quickly noticed that you are not just an important member of this community, but you seem like a truly caring person. I’m grateful to all you do for everyone and participating in this was just a small way to show you caring in return. Wishing you and Beman much peace and health.
Vikki :)
Awwww Vicki! This made me cry. Thank you... I am glad I made a difference for you. It really is why I live on this forum lol. I just want to help. I do not want people to feel the loss over something they just were told the wrong info for. I love helping all of our newbies that are eager and open to learning. It makes me smile when yall ask questions and gain knowledge. xoxox

Ugh I wish she was in CO! We could have cham dates! (Except without the chams because for whatever reason they dont like having friends)

Back
Top Bottom