T5 bulb wont fit into socket any suggestions?

WashingtonCham

Established Member
So I bought some led plant lights for my 48 inch housing and they are t5 and they are just a hair to big to fit into the sockets. I'll obviously order new ones but I don't understand what went wrong here it's a t5 setup and I ordered t5 bulbs with great reviews and they don't fit am I missing something?

Attachments

• 20220108_110718.jpg
    20220108_110718.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 41
So I bought some led plant lights for my 48 inch housing and they are t5 and they are just a hair to big to fit into the sockets. I'll obviously order new ones but I don't understand what went wrong here it's a t5 setup and I ordered t5 bulbs with great reviews and they don't fit am I missing something?
I had the same problem with mine I ended up using like a metal file and shaved down part of the hood to make it fit. not sure how safe that is but it’s been a year and a half and no problems 🤣

I had the same problem with mine I ended up using like a metal file and shaved down part of the hood to make it fit. not sure how safe that is but it’s been a year and a half and no problems 🤣
Yah I thought about just cutting the plastic where it plugs in. So dumb though everything says it should fit.

Yah I thought about just cutting the plastic where it plugs in. So dumb though everything says it should fit.
Is the end cap housing on the bulb plastic? If so, I'd try taking some sand paper to it to get it small enough to fit into the fixture socket. Safer to do that than to mess with the fixture plugs.

Back
Top Bottom