T. montium Before & So far...

nicholas

Established Member
Hey guys!

I know it's been a while! I had to get my priorities in order, but I am back. and have some pictures for you, of a guy I got about 9 months ago and what he looked like when he came in and what he lookes like now. His female friends came a while after him, and came in gravid and neither of them made it, however I was able to remove the eggs from both of them and and they are almost ready to hatch! Here are the pics of the Male and I'll post a pic of the eggs below.... Anyone notice anything in the first pic? He came in with ONE leg!!! Poor guy, but he is byfar the most active monty I have!
<br>
When I got him....
<br>

<br>

<br>
What he looks like now...
<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>
Eggs after 2 months incubation (no current pics, sorry)
<br>

<br>
Anyone have any ideas about montium eyes? They always seem sunk in, but I am positive he is not dehydrated as he gets a daily shower in the shower w/ warm water and drinks for like 30 mins and is misted two other times daily along with a ultra-sonic humidifier. Are their eyes just loke this? He doesn't seem to have issues with them (no closing for long periods, no scratching, no excessive bulging, I am at a loss)

Thanks guys/gals!

He looks awesome now. Brilliant job with him.

How did he lose his leg? Any theories? Was he a WC?

Good luck with the eggs!!

He looks awesome now. Brilliant job with him.

How did he lose his leg? Any theories? Was he a WC?

Good luck with the eggs!!

He was WC, my theory is that he was yanked outta the bush/tree and didn't wanna let go of the branch, he still had old rotting flesh on him when he came in. He still tries to use it though, looks like he is trying to row a boat when he walks... lol

He was WC, my theory is that he was yanked outta the bush/tree and didn't wanna let go of the branch, he still had old rotting flesh on him when he came in. He still tries to use it though, looks like he is trying to row a boat when he walks... lol

you think the person pulled him so hard his leg came clean off?

you think the person pulled him so hard his leg came clean off?

its only speculation..... Lol but I would hardly day came clean off... Ewww it was covered in stringy skin and a chunk of broken bone that I had to remove and treat. Now its his black stump that is slowly getting covered in green and blue skin... It'll be better then ever.... Lol

Wow what a roller coaster ride it must have been with that guy. He looks like he is doing great now. I don't know anything about montium's but maybe ask some of the people who keep them? Do a search for montium's and see who shows up.

Wow what a roller coaster ride it must have been with that guy. He looks like he is doing great now. I don't know anything about montium's but maybe ask some of the people who keep them? Do a search for montium's and see who shows up.

Thanks Laurie! It has Been a ride, but nothing I didn't like. How are your chams doing?

Poor guy. He looks amazingly better than before. Hard to believe it's the same cham. I've been meaning to ask what your avatar cham is. It looks pretty awesome.

Poor guy. He looks amazingly better than before. Hard to believe it's the same cham. I've been meaning to ask what your avatar cham is. It looks pretty awesome.

the avatar pic is of a female k. Tenuis I owned...

Back
Top Bottom