Swollen front arm wrists? Is this common?

If its an infection, the pus has to be cleaned out of the infected area and a culture and sensitivity test done on it to determine what antibiotic can be given to the chameleon to kill it. I'm not a vet so I can't be sure its an infection.

Swelling at a wrist can be caused by gout but usually the feet are not swollen too...but again I'm not a vet. Without running a test you won't know.

IMHO if you don't want to treat the chameleon, it should be given to someone who can/will or be put down in a proper fashion so that it doesn't have to continue to suffer.

I'm not one of those ppl. My setup and care is prob better then 90% of everyone else's care on this site. So I don't need the negativity. I am here asking help because I am obviously concerned. I politely am not asking for back slaps.

I work with Pharmacist's every day and push pills. I already have gotten a "professional" opinion.

I for one, am not someone to spend $500 to a few grand for a "pet." Although the price of the "pet" also has a lot of influence. My cham is wild from petsmart for a value of $60. It already has long lived any other owner in my area + the pet store life. May sound evil or wrong, but we all have price point we will only meet. Would give your cat a open heart surgery for $2,300? NO.

When I graduate to a better owner and can afford more for better care I plan to to towards a panther or better.

Back to the point, Still Looking for valid suggestions from anyone with experience.

I am sorry you feel I was being negative, as stated I was not trying to be rude. As far as a professional opinion...the human pharmacist you talked to I can almost guarantee knows nothing about what antibiotics will do your cham. Most vets do not know how to properly medicate a cham, which is why it is so important to find a knowledgeable herp vet. 3 other ppl have agreed that she needs medical care (and you don't get more experienced or better advice than from Kinyonga...IMO) I am a veterinary technician (have been for 7 years) so I am not just some teenager behind a computer running my mouth. I see this everyday. I have to watch animals suffer and die everyday because to their owner, they aren't worth the money to treat...I know more than you about the $$$ that hang over every animals head. So before assuming I know nothing, take that into consideration. I just have to strongly disagree with that in this case. If your animal was a 5 year old female that had layed many clutches and probably not in the the best health I MIGHT have a different opinion. But a $60 vet bill with maybe $20 for some meds for a young healthy animal is not, IMO out of reason. Good luck to you both.

Back
Top Bottom