Swollen eye with scratch/burn

That little setup looks pretty good to me... Is he sleeping tonight? Fingers crossed!!
So far no. He was off balance on the branch and is now laying on the sheet at the bottom. Eyes open… I’m hoping he falls asleep soon… he has to at some point right? Unless he is sleeping with his eyes open. Definitely think something neurological is going on. The vet office is working on another appointment the week of the feb 12 when the vet is back. I bc definitely think he is having seizures. I was able to record one. Happens at the end of this video…. Doesn’t seem like I can attach a video here…

So far no. He was off balance on the branch and is now laying on the sheet at the bottom. Eyes open… I’m hoping he falls asleep soon… he has to at some point right? Unless he is sleeping with his eyes open. Definitely think something neurological is going on. The vet office is working on another appointment the week of the feb 12 when the vet is back. I bc definitely think he is having seizures. I was able to record one. Happens at the end of this video…. Doesn’t seem like I can attach a video here…
You may have to upload it somewhere liek youtube and then link it. I'm so sorry this is happening...

Made the tough decision to have Cassidy euthanized tomorrow at noon. Super conflicted about it but his seizures are getting more frequent and syringe feeding and drinking is not sustainable forever. I think it’s time, he is geriatric after all. Watching him wither away is terrible and it situations were reversed I’d want him to do the same for me. Attaching two videos of his seizures. They are slightly heartbreaking but there is such limited info on chameleons and seizures (that I can find at least) that I think it might be helpful to others down the road. There is definitely something neurological going on with him and neurological diseases are almost impossible to recover in humans… I just don’t see the point of dragging this out for him.

awww poor buddy. Those videos are hard to watch, but I'm really thankful you've taken them. Hopefully it can help someone in the future. My heart is breaking for you - it's a tough choice but you're doing the best you can for your little guy. You've cared so well for him and now you're giving him a comfortable passing. Good on you - the hard decision is often the correct one.

Your vet may be willing to do a necropsy - perhaps they'll find something that will help explain what he's gone through, and can give you some closure as well. I lost my first cham in September to what turned out to be cancer, all over his insides. Nothing I could have done, and I didn't know anything was wrong at all until he started to tank. Sending love your way. It hurts to lose these amazing creatures!

I’m so very sorry. My heart goes out to you both. It’s never easy to let our animal companions go to their rest in the hereafter and I pray for you to have strength, healing and peace.
From your videos, I believe you are making the right decision for your sweet and beautiful Cassidy. Sending you hugs. ((( 💗 )))

Oh mama I'm so sorry. Making the decision to humanly euthanize your beloved pet is such a heard decision to make. Know that you have gone above and beyond for him and that you have made a self-less decision to put his needs first. Sending you so much love and hugs. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Seeing those vids (thanks for sharing) it's heartbreaking and only confirming you're making the right decision and I think Cassidy is you thankful for taking this though decision. It takes a lot courage, dedication and love for your buddy. Keep him close in your heart and you did everything right for him, even till the last second. Wish you all strength for today and following period of grief 💚🙏

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Made the tough decision to have Cassidy euthanized tomorrow at noon. Super conflicted about it but his seizures are getting more frequent and syringe feeding and drinking is not sustainable forever. I think it’s time, he is geriatric after all. Watching him wither away is terrible and it situations were reversed I’d want him to do the same for me. Attaching two videos of his seizures. They are slightly heartbreaking but there is such limited info on chameleons and seizures (that I can find at least) that I think it might be helpful to others down the road. There is definitely something neurological going on with him and neurological diseases are almost impossible to recover in humans… I just don’t see the point of dragging this out for him.

So sorry to hear this but you are doing the compassionate thing. We are all thinking of you.

Cassidy was euthanized on Thursday. Picked him up today and buried him next to Rico, my first cham. I took the cage apart and have decided to take a break from chams for a while. I knew if I didn’t take it apart immediately I’d fill it with another. I miss having a Cham already. I have a bearded and an axolotl but chams have my heart. For some reason I’ve always preferred high stress and the Cham care was right up my ally. It’s just too hard at the end. Between surgeries, recoveries, and suffering ughh it’s just too much. Thank you all for your help and guidance with both Cassidy and Rico. Don’t think either of them would have made it to old age with out the support of you all❤️

Cassidy was euthanized on Thursday. Picked him up today and buried him next to Rico, my first cham. I took the cage apart and have decided to take a break from chams for a while. I knew if I didn’t take it apart immediately I’d fill it with another. I miss having a Cham already. I have a bearded and an axolotl but chams have my heart. For some reason I’ve always preferred high stress and the Cham care was right up my ally. It’s just too hard at the end. Between surgeries, recoveries, and suffering ughh it’s just too much. Thank you all for your help and guidance with both Cassidy and Rico. Don’t think either of them would have made it to old age with out the support of you
sending hugs ❤️❤️❤️
if you ever do decide to get a cham again, we are here for you, I wish you, your bearded and axolotl a long life. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this.

Back
Top Bottom