Swollen eye with scratch/burn

Thank you!! I did get some cricket powder (the kind for people 🤢😂). I mixed a little teeny bit with water and a little bit of calcium. I left it more watery than pasty and put a few drops in his mouth. He continues to take water that way and looks less dehydrated. I gave him a full day of no medication as I still think he might just be over medicated being on all these different antibiotics for so long. Today he had his first injection of .03 Excede. He varies at some moments he is grasping the vine in his hospital set up and sits normally at others he will be laying on his side on the bottom of the set up. It’s so strange he will walk around the hospital set up a little and will climb on my fingers during med or water but otherwise just not moving much. His eyes seem to be tracking a tiny bit better. I have been setting him up under a heat lamp keeping temps 75-85 for a few hours a day. Was home today so he spent most of the day there. Then I put his hospital set up in his cage where it is 65ish. No way he can free roam the way he used to. Loving the Blink cam to monitor him while at work or just in other rooms. Attaching a few pics of his different states. (The blood was from the botched injection the other night). Thank you all for your kind words, advice, and support!

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1651.jpeg
    IMG_1651.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 11
Also forgot to add that I have been peeking on him at night and he has his eyes open all night. I mean I’ve peeled at various hours, multiple times, and watching the blink cam… he is not active but his eyes are both open. Not sure what that’s about! No light on his room during night time

I sent the vet pics of the syringes they gave me. Turns out the techs gave me the wrong dose .3 instead of .03 and the wrong syringes. Luckily I couldn’t get it into him anyhow! They are going to dose up the correct meds and I’ll pick it up tomorrow. I will ask about that too. I will definitely keep you all posted. Thanks for the support and sorry for my emo post lol. I was literally ugly crying as I was typing that message. I mean look at these things! They gave me the blue ones and it should be the small ones. Ughh
I wish you luck! And holy cow! A vet tech did that to me too with my girl! It’s so scary! Thankfully they corrected the dosage . I hope your boy gets better!

Thank you!! I did get some cricket powder (the kind for people 🤢😂). I mixed a little teeny bit with water and a little bit of calcium. I left it more watery than pasty and put a few drops in his mouth. He continues to take water that way and looks less dehydrated. I gave him a full day of no medication as I still think he might just be over medicated being on all these different antibiotics for so long. Today he had his first injection of .03 Excede. He varies at some moments he is grasping the vine in his hospital set up and sits normally at others he will be laying on his side on the bottom of the set up. It’s so strange he will walk around the hospital set up a little and will climb on my fingers during med or water but otherwise just not moving much. His eyes seem to be tracking a tiny bit better. I have been setting him up under a heat lamp keeping temps 75-85 for a few hours a day. Was home today so he spent most of the day there. Then I put his hospital set up in his cage where it is 65ish. No way he can free roam the way he used to. Loving the Blink cam to monitor him while at work or just in other rooms. Attaching a few pics of his different states. (The blood was from the botched injection the other night). Thank you all for your kind words, advice, and support!
You are doing great. Sending you and your beautiful boy prayers and love ❤️❤️❤️

Also forgot to add that I have been peeking on him at night and he has his eyes open all night. I mean I’ve peeled at various hours, multiple times, and watching the blink cam… he is not active but his eyes are both open. Not sure what that’s about! No light on his room during night time
This could be due the camera itself. When you see him at night with no lights on, means your camera is in infrared mode. This means the camera is using an infrared light which we can't see, but a reptile can detect this with their "third eye" (also chameleons got this, what I've heard). This your Cassidy awake, I turn mine always off and when I shortly wanna peek I turn it on.

You're doing such a great job, just amazing! You both deserve it to pull it through and enjoy each other for many, many years. Still fingers crossed for our little green/yellow hero 💚💛🔱

This could be due the camera itself. When you see him at night with no lights on, means your camera is in infrared mode. This means the camera is using an infrared light which we can't see, but a reptile can detect this with their "third eye" (also chameleons got this, what I've heard). This your Cassidy awake, I turn mine always off and when I shortly wanna peek I turn it on.
Oh snap! Really? I will unplug it tonight and see if that changes anything! Thank you

Hasn’t the camera have the feature “night vision“ which can be switched off?
I’m not sure? I did disconnect it for the night. Just peeked in on him at 1am and he is fully awake and stumbling around the hospital set up. It’s just so odd that he isn’t sleeping.

I’m not sure? I did disconnect it for the night. Just peeked in on him at 1am and he is fully awake and stumbling around the hospital set up. It’s just so odd that he isn’t sleeping.
Did this happen since he’s in the hospital bin? And did he had a regular sleeping spot? Saw this once with my Boehmei, he missed his window to go his sleeping spot when the lights were still on, which resulted in hours of searching for his spot in the dark. Wasn’t home to help and witnessed this accidentally on camera.

No sleep want be beneficial for his recovery, he needs his recuperation time due a deep sleep.

Did this happen since he’s in the hospital bin? And did he had a regular sleeping spot? Saw this once with my Boehmei, he missed his window to go his sleeping spot when the lights were still on, which resulted in hours of searching for his spot in the dark. Wasn’t home to help and witnessed this accidentally on camera.

No sleep want be beneficial for his recovery, he needs his recuperation time due a deep sleep.
Yes but he will fall if he is not in the hospital bin. It is in his cage in the plant so should feel similar. I m going to email the vet what’s been going on and share that I think he may have just had a seizure. Wasn’t fast enough to record it but I’ll try if it happens again. Giving water now. Current situation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 11
Yes but he will fall if he is not in the hospital bin. It is in his cage in the plant so should feel similar. I m going to email the vet what’s been going on and share that I think he may have just had a seizure. Wasn’t fast enough to record it but I’ll try if it happens again. Giving water now. Current situation
This is how I put him over night and when he is not in basking set up (tank on the floor in his room with the basking light hanging from a drawer knob) best safest thing I could come up with

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpeg
    IMG_1657.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 10
Difficult. I was just trying to think out loud, and I’m guessing as well. But I do know it made my boy restless for hours and didn’t wanna sleep. No option to place a safety net in the middle or upper part of the enclosure? That he can’t fall all the way down, this is maybe less stressful for him then living in the hospital bin (just a thought)

Difficult. I was just trying to think out loud, and I’m guessing as well. But I do know it made my boy restless for hours and didn’t wanna sleep. No option to place a safety net in the middle or upper part of the enclosure? That he can’t fall all the way down, this is maybe less stressful for him then living in the hospital bin (just a thought)
Definitely appreciate the ideas. Very often he is just laying on the bottom of the tanks. I will try some other options when I get home. Every time I’ve tried putting him on a branch in his cage he is very unstable and ends up hanging on his side. I’ll add some plant clippings to the hospital set up too. Will email his vet when I get to work. I’m sure we’ll end up the first patient when he is back in the in the country. Thank you

I hated to put my sweet Grumpy in a hospital bin when she wasn’t able to climb around and was falling. Instead I moved her into a smaller enclosure and from there, created a platform for her with bendable vine and branches and created safety ‘nets’ with cotton scarves tied to branches below. The few times she managed to fall off the platform, she landed safely in the fabric. I’m afraid I didn’t take any photos of what I had set up.

I hated to put my sweet Grumpy in a hospital bin when she wasn’t able to climb around and was falling. Instead I moved her into a smaller enclosure and from there, created a platform for her with bendable vine and branches and created safety ‘nets’ with cotton scarves tied to branches below. The few times she managed to fall off the platform, she landed safely in the fabric. I’m afraid I didn’t take any photos of what I had set up.
I do have a few smaller cages and a smaller plant I will see if I can rig something up!

Back
Top Bottom