Swollen eye with scratch/burn

Cassidy was euthanized on Thursday. Picked him up today and buried him next to Rico, my first cham. I took the cage apart and have decided to take a break from chams for a while. I knew if I didn’t take it apart immediately I’d fill it with another. I miss having a Cham already. I have a bearded and an axolotl but chams have my heart. For some reason I’ve always preferred high stress and the Cham care was right up my ally. It’s just too hard at the end. Between surgeries, recoveries, and suffering ughh it’s just too much. Thank you all for your help and guidance with both Cassidy and Rico. Don’t think either of them would have made it to old age with out the support of you all❤️
Give it some time and we will be here.

Well i think the eye looks great. The infection was in the eye lid and it seems to have returned to normal aftee being stretched out for so long. I think an RI is rIght on the money and am so thankful you caught the qrong doseage before giving it to him. Also you must take into consideration how long he was altering his balance to accomodate for the swelling. Returning to normal may have to take time to get used to. i used critical carnivore diet for a while. Then weaned him off with very soft bugs that were easy to chew and digest such as waxworms and small hornworms. I would pry his mouth open and pop one in. Finally he started eating hornworms on his own and just supplemented with carnivore diet so he would get the vitamins and minerals. Best of luck to you. if the vet did not get the abscess sack it us possible for it to return. So happy you have a vet you believe in!

Well i think the eye looks great. The infection was in the eye lid and it seems to have returned to normal aftee being stretched out for so long. I think an RI is rIght on the money and am so thankful you caught the qrong doseage before giving it to him. Also you must take into consideration how long he was altering his balance to accomodate for the swelling. Returning to normal may have to take time to get used to. i used critical carnivore diet for a while. Then weaned him off with very soft bugs that were easy to chew and digest such as waxworms and small hornworms. I would pry his mouth open and pop one in. Finally he started eating hornworms on his own and just supplemented with carnivore diet so he would get the vitamins and minerals. Best of luck to you. if the vet did not get the abscess sack it us possible for it to return. So happy you have a vet you believe in!
Omg so sorry i didnt get to the end to read that your boy died! My thoughts and prayers are with you. He knew you loved him and cared. His little body had enough. Be assured in your grief that you did everything that you could have done for him. Again i am truly sorry for your loss!

Back
Top Bottom