Sweet potato vine

I believe this was one of those not enough is known to use... Would not attempt to use with a Veiled but I am sure other species would be fine with it.
That's what I was thinking . I love Golden Pothos but these look kinda like that but more colorful. Never seen one in person but this farm/nursery 25 mins from has 5 acres of plants . She mentioned that was one of them . She said she has a big section of Broms so deff planning to take a visit once this 2nd Dragonstrand arrives lol

I been thinking about using them in my hornworm setup. Hornworms can eat them. I’m still trying to understand their toxicity tho. We can eat the leaves with no problem and they are quite yummy…it’s not a nightshade, but the LSD seeds are…confusing. I want to create a natural enclosure for my hornworms where they can live out their whole life cycle and I can harvest as needed for feeding. My other strong option are mulberry trees semi bonsai. 🤔🤔🤔 I’m doing a mini mulberry tree setup for my silks.

I been thinking about using them in my hornworm setup. Hornworms can eat them. I’m still trying to understand their toxicity tho. We can eat the leaves with no problem and they are quite yummy…it’s not a nightshade, but the LSD seeds are…confusing. I want to create a natural enclosure for my hornworms where they can live out their whole life cycle and I can harvest as needed for feeding. My other strong option are mulberry trees semi bonsai. 🤔🤔🤔 I’m doing a mini mulberry tree setup for my silks.
Should make sure to let us all know how it goes!

Have a garden in yard and a lot is sweet potato. I put my veiled in it quite often and I have caught him eating leaves a couple time. He appeared to be happy and normal afterwards.... Now whether he was trippin I'm not sure lol

Wait….sweet potatoes can make you trip?? Im also not positive but i think that LSD affects animals differently than humans, possibly not affecting them at all because of the difference in our brains and theirs, and also idk if anyone has ever done any experiments with psychedelic substances and chameleons

Visual and tactile hallucinations are the primary symptoms of eating sweet potato vine seeds. They affect animals as well as people. Other symptoms in people include facial flushing, dilated pupils, lowered blood pressure and diarrhea, numbness of the hands or feet, vomiting and drowsiness.

Sweet potato vines are the same species as that plant that grows sweet potatoes. The ornamental vines are cultivars that are grown for their beautiful-looking leaves and not their tuberous roots.

@summerseeking They are especially fond of Datura (Jimpson weeds), Mirabilis (Four O'clocks), and Peniocereus (Queen-of-the-night cactus) blossoms
But if your feeding them in an enclosure. You want to place cottonballs soaked in sugar water. Or just hang a hummingbird feeder in the enclosure. Also instead of sugar water you can use hummingbird food.

Back
Top Bottom