Sweet pepper??

Kclarke02

Avid Member
As the title implies, I have a sweet pepper plant in my garden and was wondering if this would be OK to use as a gutload for my crickets (if they'll eat it). It's not a bell pepper, just labeled a "sweet" pepper that is yellowish/green. I have another plant that should produce red ones, but haven't had any yet. I'm in Texas, and it was actually labeled as a "sweet gypsy pepper". I've had several already and they're not hot but very good. Any ideas?

It's almost like a mini bell pepper....
image.jpeg

This one has been on the plant for a few weeks now and I finally picked it off today. Others haven't gotten any bigger than this either.

Is it hot at all?
I've had several off of this plant and they're not hot at all. They are kinda sweet, very good, taste like bell peppers basically. None have gotten any bigger than this one
image.jpeg

I'm guessing they're a type of hybrid bell pepper? Same shape yet mini sized.

If they are not hot i would think they are safe. Maybe put a dozen crickets in a separate container and feed them the pepper and see what happens.

I've used yellow and orange bell peppers in the past and my biggest complaint is that they turn mushy pretty quickly. I try to gut load my crickets with a variety of colored fruits/veggies.

Update: I don't think they tried it. Such picky little boogers...the peppers aren't hot at all, very sweet! But today they appear to be shriveled and lifeless.... They don't even like collard greens. Sheesh.... :cautious:

Back
Top Bottom