Survey: What kind of heating do you use for your Mist-King?

JCDenton

Well I just got my Mist King and will install it later this week, but I've already learned that my cham does not like being misted with room temperature water. Since I don't want to make him miserable several times every day, it looks like I'll need a heater. So far I've seen several methods. I'm hoping you could all post what you use, how much it cost you, and if you're happy with it. So far what I've seen is:

A. Some type of aquarium heater right in the reservoir. Drawbacks appear to be that the water gets gross and you're also paying to keep it heated all the time.

B. An in-line heater. I've seen people post mixed results on if they can get adequate temps and this also requires a second timer which adds to the cost.

C. A jar with a heater filled with water that the tubing runs through all coiled up. This means you only have to heat the jar instead of the whole reservoir and the water used as a heating agent never mixes with the water used for misting.

When you say room temperature...what temp are we talking? Our house and the water is staying around 75F-78F. Is that too cool? If so, we can add a heater to bring it up. What temp do you recommend? 80F, 85F???

When you say room temperature...what temp are we talking? Our house and the water is staying around 75F-78F. Is that too cool? If so, we can add a heater to bring it up. What temp do you recommend? 80F, 85F???

Mine is a bit cooler than that, probably 72-75 on average but the evaporation makes it significantly cooler. I think the water probably needs to be 100-110 so that it's pleasantly warm by the time it turns into mist. So far I've just been microwaving it but that won't be feasible when I install the mist king.

Back
Top Bottom