Supplements

Hey folks, newbie needs some advice. My female jackson chameleon just absolutely hates it when a calcium dust her crickets. I'm not sure if it's that they're white and look different or if she dislikes the taste. Is there anything I can do to make them more appealing? I don't want her to get any kind of vitamin deficiency.

You could try mixing in bee pollen with the dust. I've found that my chams generally prefer the taste (or at least that's what I think is going on) when there is pollen included. It's very good for them, too.

The other possibility could be that you are dusting too much. If your crickets look like dusty white ghosts when you feed them, then you are using too much. Just a light dusting is all you need

Hey folks, newbie needs some advice. My female jackson chameleon just absolutely hates it when a calcium dust her crickets. I'm not sure if it's that they're white and look different or if she dislikes the taste. Is there anything I can do to make them more appealing? I don't want her to get any kind of vitamin deficiency.
You can get liquid calcium and inject it into the insects.. it’s a lot more work though. I’d do this as a “last resort” kind of thing

You can get liquid calcium and inject it into the insects.. it’s a lot more work though. I’d do this as a “last resort” kind of thing[/QUOTE

You could try mixing in bee pollen with the dust. I've found that my chams generally prefer the taste (or at least that's what I think is going on) when there is pollen included. It's very good for them, too.

The other possibility could be that you are dusting too much. If your crickets look like dusty white ghosts when you feed them, then you are using too much. Just a light dusting is all you need

Definitely will dust lighter and look for bee pollen (that really makes sense). I had read where people were talking about it, but I didn't know how to implement. Should I also add to my gut loading?

So I would do liquid calcium as a last resort. Try what @Syreptyon is suggesting. And if the crickets look like powdered donuts then you are overdoing the dusting. You want them just to have a light dusting. What supplements are you using and what is your schedule? Jackson's are different in their schedule for supplements.

So I would do liquid calcium as a last resort. Try what @Syreptyon is suggesting. And if the crickets look like powdered donuts then you are overdoing the dusting. You want them just to have a light dusting. What supplements are you using and what is your schedule? Jackson's are different in their schedule for supplements.

Reptical (not d3), every 3rd to 4th feeding.

Back
Top Bottom