Ok,
I have the following items:

Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamin
Vitamin A requirement from Beta Carotene

Rep-Cal Calcium with Vitamin D3
Phosphorous - Free Ultrafine powder

Rep-Cal Calcium
Phosphorous Free - No Vitamin D3

So I dust my feeders with the Rep-Cal Calcium (without D3) every feeding right?

And then I dust my feeders with the Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 every two weeks?

And then I dust with the Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitam on the opposite two weeks, or the same two weeks?

Thanks!

I dust at most feedings with the phos - free calcium powder.
Twice a month industry with the phos - free calcium / D3 powder two weeks apart and twice a month I dust with the vitamin powder.once on each of the two weeks that I dont use the D3 powder.

Just to get this straight, since I have the same things and the same question, if I feed free range crickets weekly my schedule should be:

Week 1- Phos-Free Calcium & Calcium w/ D3
Week 2- Phos-Free Calcium & Multi Vitamins
Then keep repeating?

You use phos -free calcium every feeding but one this week and on that one feeding you didn't use it on you use the phos - free calcium / D3. Next week you use phos - free calcium powder at all the feedings but one and on that one you use the vitamin supplement. Then repeat.

Just to get this straight, since I have the same things and the same question, if I feed free range crickets weekly my schedule should be:

Week 1- Phos-Free Calcium & Calcium w/ D3
Week 2- Phos-Free Calcium & Multi Vitamins
Then keep repeating?

My understanding is that Phos-Free Calcium Every day.... and then One day week 1 you give Calcium w/D3 and then on one day of week 2 you give Multi Vitamins and Phos-Free Calcium and then one day of week 3 you give Calcium w/D3 and one day of week 4 you give Multi Vitamins and Phos-Free Calcium.

Is that correct?

I am assuming you have a panther or veiled? if you have a Jackson, or other mont you'll want to adjust use of supplements to be much less overall.

So I dust my feeders with the Rep-Cal Calcium (without D3) every feeding right? Yes, IF the type of feeder used requires any calcium supplementation. so for example, you would dust crickets and superworms, but not butterworms, not terrestrial isopods.

And then I dust my feeders with the Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 every two weeks? Yes, twice a month roughly. This brand is very potent and you do NOT need to use it often. If your chameleon goes outside into natural sunlight, use this product even less often.

And then I dust with the Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitam on the opposite two weeks, or the same two weeks? Yes, 2-4 times a month roughly, depending on how well you gutload. Some people will suggest also adding preformed vitamin A from time to time (again I'd say this depends on your gutloading and your prey choices)

IMO, rep cal with D3 is has too much D3 for a healthy Cham with good lighting. I have been using Repashy SuperCal HyD twice a month on my juvenile panther with excellent results. (Also twice a month) but I also have a reprising 5.0 T5HO that he sits under a lot. FYI, the SuperCal HyD contains about 1/8th the D3 that the rep-cal has If I remember correctly, and as we all know, D3 can be a dangerous thing. At any rate, many members have still had lots of success on rep cal, but I think it's a bit risky.

I used the RepCal with D3 product for over ten years. And for the first few years, not realizing how potent it was in comparison to others, being a new cham owner, I used it twice a week (instead of twice a month as I now would use it). My first chameleon (panther male) lived to be over 7 years old. So, I would not say it is particularly risky to use that product.

I've been using rep-cal with D3 twice a month for years too and my veiled females, for example live to be over six...often to seven years of age and the males even older...so used the way I use it it seems not to cause any problems.

Back
Top Bottom