Superworm breeding?

Yessabub

Established Member
I haven't posted for awhile but anyways I'm gonna start breeding supers and was wondering what size container I should put them in? I ordered 500 from nyworms and Im heading down to tractor supply today to grab a 25 lb bag of wheat bran. I have an 18 gallon sterilite container but I didn't know if that will be too big.

Do you know how to breed them? You will need to have the worms change to beetles before they will reproduce. We can give you more info if you need it. But yes the container it good.

Do you know how to breed them? You will need to have the worms change to beetles before they will reproduce. We can give you more info if you need it. But yes the container it good.

No I should be all set thanks I will let you know if I need help. I'm using a matchbox car collector container for the pupa lol I thought it was a good idea :cool:

Surprisingly, there are some decent videos describing it on Youtube. I've watched many, and it seems that the ones with the teenagers are the ones that do the best describing every aspect of it. Don't forget to add potatoes or carrots for moisture.

LPR08

Yeah youtube has some pretty good ways I seen people breed them I almost thought about it but my friend said they might bite his bearded dragon from the inside after he eats the superworm so he told me not to do it. :(

Yeah youtube has some pretty good ways I seen people breed them I almost thought about it but my friend said they might bite his bearded dragon from the inside after he eats the superworm so he told me not to do it. :(

that is false misguided tale, it doesnt happen, the worm would be crushed and drowed in the stoamche acid of a bearded dragon or any lizard for that matter, dont worry you can breed superworms if you want to:)

I have great success breeding them but I will say it just takes time! I was literally about to give up and throw away my tub and just feed off my beetles but I looked really closely and saw tons and tons of babies!! That was after about a month of the beetles being in a small tub. I only started with about 12 beetles total and they have survived surprisingly long (They have been beetles for at least 2-3 months now and are still reproducing!) Since then, I regularly swap fresh veggies in the same tub and I can tell you that just from those 12 beetles, I have at least 1,000 (I think its more like 2-3k)! Not joking! Every 2 weeks, I empty my bedding into a larger 18 gallon tub and repeat and they just keep producing. I have 100s of them that are already 1". From what I've read my beetles have lived a REALLY long time. But, it is really easy to get started up, everything you have seems correct. I have started a second round of beetles from some adult supers I got and I have 65 beetles hatching as we speak! I'm a little scared of how many all of these will produce :eek: I may be able to start a small business! haha

Not so sure about that Ace. I fed my Dr Gonzo baby a superworm and it appeared it may have bit him going down. That was the last meal he ever had. R.I.P. Hooper.

that is false misguided tale, it doesnt happen, the worm would be crushed and drowed in the stoamche acid of a bearded dragon or any lizard for that matter, dont worry you can breed superworms if you want to:)

Back
Top Bottom