Superworm Bin Stink

Rush2112

I am still going through my last order of Superworms that I bought about a month and a half ago. I picked up the bin I have them in and WHOO! Smelled like a cat box (amonia smell). Is sifting and changing out with fresh media the best thing?

Thank you

I am still going through my last order of Superworms that I bought about a month and a half ago. I picked up the bin I have them in and WHOO! Smelled like a cat box (amonia smell). Is sifting and changing out with fresh media the best thing?

Thank you

Yeah I would put in a new thing of bedding and all that, the longer you keep it in there, the more they poop, the more die off and you get that awful smell. I hate it too lol

Yeah I would put in a new thing of bedding and all that, the longer you keep it in there, the more they poop, the more die off and you get that awful smell. I hate it too lol

It took a while for the smell to come on but whew when it did. I thought, "we don't have cats"

I keep mine in a very fine powder so that I can always sift the worms out from the bedding. Then I put the pile of worms in a tub that has holes drilled in it that are just big enough for the live worms to crawl through (and keep it above the new tub/bedding you want them to crawl into.) The majority of the dead worms are left behind and the live worms are now in their tub. Then again, if you don't keep thousands and/or are not lazy (unlike me) you can just pick out the live ones from the dead ones. I use the drilled tub method to help separate out different sized bugs too (different sized holes to separate smaller bugs from bigger bugs.)

I keep mine in a very fine powder so that I can always sift the worms out from the bedding. Then I put the pile of worms in a tub that has holes drilled in it that are just big enough for the live worms to crawl through (and keep it above the new tub/bedding you want them to crawl into.) The majority of the dead worms are left behind and the live worms are now in their tub. Then again, if you don't keep thousands and/or are not lazy (unlike me) you can just pick out the live ones from the dead ones. I use the drilled tub method to help separate out different sized bugs too (different sized holes to separate smaller bugs from bigger bugs.)

cool idea. thank you

Back
Top Bottom