Super worms

grog

I have a male 5 month old veiled chameleon and I bought 50 super worms last week and he may have eaten 6 worms so far?, so in order to make the worms survive longer I put some cricket diet food and some flukes cricket quencher in they're home?, not sure what else to do?. Any help would be awesome?.

I think you are going to want to get some crickets for him, or hornworms, silkworms, Pheonix worms, Dubia Roaches, ect. make sure to supplement the feeders with plain calcium nearly every feeding (depending on how much he goes up to the uvb bulb, how much he goes outside and gets natural sun, ect) and then calcium with d3 twice and month and then vitamins twice a month (avoid phosphorus) Im not quite sure what you are asking here. You can also feed the super worms some greens. Superworms are very fatty, and shouldn't be a staple food.

Should feed superworms as a treat and not a staple but to answer your question:superworms are very hardy and will live forever if kept together in a substrate such as wheat bran. You can throw in some fruit and greens occasionally.

Should feed superworms as a treat and not a staple but to answer your question:superworms are very hardy and will live forever if kept together in a substrate such as wheat bran. You can throw in some fruit and greens occasionally.
How about hornworms?, how many per day?

While we humans have the ick factor about it, roaches are one of the best feeders. Depending on your location, there are Dubia and if in Florida, discoid.

Yes, a good staple is crickets but as said above roaches are the best as far as nutrition. ive even heard that one roach is worth 6 crickets in nutritional value. Make sure to gut load crickets and roaches with things like leafy greens (not spinach, it binds calcium. Not good), vegetables, and some fruits for moisture.

@grog I think you're slipping through the cracks here on the forum...so I'm going back to look at your other posts...in the meantime please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum.

Please post a couple of photos of your chameleon too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom