super worms in oat meal

Joe A

i just got some superworms from the store and they were packed in oat meal. Ive never seen this before and was just wondering if oat meal is good for gut loading ? should i give some oat meal to the crickets as well? does anyone know any pros or cons, i usually gut load with oranges and some veggies and never thought of using any grains

I keep my Supers in Oatmeal. Then every few days I chuck in carrots or collard greens or sweet potatoes (whatever I have on hand). You can also toss some cricket feed or "Cricket Crack" in there with them.

How weird, my supers are always in a mix of oatmeal and wheat germ when I buy them. I keep them in a mixture at home. They seem to like digging in it, they typically stay underneath. I put fruits and veggies on top.

Cool thanx, so oat meal is good, i wonder if oatmeal could even help absorb toxins and help flush them out of a chams system??

I keep my superworms in oatmeal as well. It gives them room to dig around in it and works as food at the same time. To keep them from eating eachother for hydration make sure to toss in some apple or oranje. I have had no deaths this way and I have had the supers for over a month. About 250+

Oatmeal and bran and wheat germ make good substrate beddings for supers. however its not an ideal gutload (wrong ratio). so ensure you provide lots of leafy greens and such for gutloading.

Back
Top Bottom