Super Nice Super Rare Ampiskiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice that by Google Maps, "Ampiskiana" takes you to Clean Line Chameleons, and nowhere in Madagascar LOL? Sorry, had to :)

Anyone else notice that by Google Maps, "Ampiskiana" takes you to Clean Line Chameleons, and nowhere in Madagascar LOL? Sorry, had to :)

That and that none of my maps, printed or found online, show anything on Madagascar with that spelling. There is an Ampisikanana on the coast, north of Sambava, however.

I am familiar with Ampiskanana but I also have seen Ampiskiana southwest of Sambava. I know travel agency company in Germany that has a map showing it. The fact of the matter is in Madagascar, they name many cities the same name...many which aren't on your Google maps...look at Ambilobe...there are about 5 of them, maybe more. I don't care what you think, when we produce Ampiskaina that look like this guy, I will call them too Ampiskiana. If you wish to call all of them the odd ball Ambilobes, call them what you will. But you nor I collected these animals and my Ampiskiana is just as pure as your Ambilobe.

The thing is people don't know that these animals come in unlabeled and we put labels on them when they land. So we are only getting what importers call our imports. I bought a tamatave that was labeled ambilobe (by the importer of course) and sambava labeled ambilobe. We are at the mercy of the importer, they are the ones making our locales. Do they really want to research the locales? No, so they just wing it.

Oh and this is why I only buy females that come in with a shipment where all the males appear identical.

This was an ambilobe...claims an importer that is used by many of our breeders:

Tamatave-1-2.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Wow very nice chris,ooohhh you have the infadels on you back:D
I think they are stunning all the best with them,and seeing how this seems to get peoples backs up it think its only right that i export some to you;)

Here are some more examples on the Ampiskiana colourform

http://www.chamaeleoinfoweb.net/?page=galeria&action=78

Im finding out more information on a daily basis,This locale has NEVER been on any madagascar map,due to it being a new village..more info to come as soon as i recive it

So.... It was asked but I didn't hear an answer... Was this animal imported from Ampiskiana, or from somewhere else and you are guessing that this is what it is?

Actually, the importers are the people that label WC animals when they arrive. It isn't like a shipment from a locale is sent to us in the US. That is why if you were ever working with an importer they will tell you they don't know what they will get until they come in, if they are honest. While others say they have a shipment of poopiebees coming in because thats what they hope are in the shipment.

So this guy came in with a group that only looked Sambava...and Amps are found just north of Sambava. So, I call him Amp because that what I think. Also I am a member on forums overseas and that was their consensus as well.

I hope that helped a little.

-chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom