super mario worms

alan23

does anyone feed super mario worms to there cham? i got few but have fount one eat a wax worm and thinkinwht cn tht do to my chams insides if cn tell me asap wud thankful :confused:

Its just a Super Worm.
They make great feeders if you gutload them properly.
They are also far superior to a mealworm.
My veiled looooooves them, and I cant get him off them.
They are highly addicting, so be carefull.

cnt put em in with other feeders hey im sure they try and bite me let alone the other worms there creepy man lol

Ive got a bin of 500 of them and i have held many at a time in my hand. They wont bite you. Chams looooooove the freshly molted ones.

Superworms are great - buy 500-1000 of them, keep them fed and in a clean bin, and they'll last you 6-9 months. Awesome feeders, but high in caloires and fat, so watch them. They're not any worse than crickets or silkworms as part of a balanced diet, but they're a bit fattier, so keep that in mind.

My animals generally are fed less volume when eating a lot of superworms (as opposed to crickets).

Yeah as long as you properly gut-load them they are a great feeder. That can be said for just about any feeder insect though.

P.S. - the thread title made me literally lol. No offense.

Those are awesome for the larger cham species. Great for after winter hibernation as well to regain any loss in weight over the hibernation.

Ive got a bin of 500 of them and i have held many at a time in my hand. They wont bite you. Chams looooooove the freshly molted ones.

I beg to differ. I have been bit many times when they do the helicopter spin and i know they can bite chams as well as chew through mesh cages.

They are high in fat too.. I ut one in my hand so it can crawl and the cham eats em right up.. I try not to pinch them or hold them tightly as they do bite!

Super mario.:) Does he endorse them? :)

They are great feeders. My chams get them every other feeding. Sometimes my chams get tired of crickets so I give them the supers because they are easy to proprogate and easy to keep. I have a 4 mo. old ambilobe who has been eating the very small worms regularly along with her crickets. Since I raise the supers I have them 1" or 1 1/2" which she can handle easily.

Lily Loves the newly moulted ones too and will always eat the white one first! :D Shame my supers don't grow very fast so she doesn't get white ones very often! Any ideas on how to get them to moult more often?

As for being bitten - I cup feed them anyway and pick 'em up with my trusty tweezers!:D They are creepy looking things! The pupae are really huge - they make my skin crawl!!

i cup feed too but Leo only seems to eat the crickets out of the cup. Id ont think the super make enough movement to catch his eye so I just hand feed. When placed on open palm, I dont have an issue, just gotta keep em from squirming off before he gets to them.. its when grabbed that they twirl around and try to bite.. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom