Sunken eyes

image.jpg
My chameleon, female veiled chameleon 1 year and 4 months old, is recieving enough water and food per day. However, I have noticed that her eyes are beginning to look just a tad sunken and if this is a problem, I want to catch it before it becomes too harmful to her health. Apologies for the bad picture but I didn’t want to get to close because it stresses her out. This might be nothing but I would rather be safe than sorry

well they could be sunken because of stress or because of dehydration can you fill out the how to ask for help form so we can see your care?

• Your chameleon: Veiled Chameleon, female, 1yr and 4 months, I bought her a year ago at 4 months old.
• Handling: I never handle my chameleon
• Feeding: I feed her about 12 small crickets twice a day (morning and night), I gut load them with carrots, kale, and the jelly water they drink
• Supplements: I used to dust the crickets with calcium powder but I noticed my chameleon would get white dust around her nose so I began to stop dusting them and I give her just plain crickets
• Watering: I use a spray bottle with tap water from the kitchen sink, I mist 3 times a day until I see drips on the branches and leaves, I do not see my chameleon drinking (licking the water drops off the branches) but I don’t know why she wouldn’t be
• Fecal Description: her feces are black and the other part is white (I forgot what the white matter is called) they are consistent and about an inch in length, she has never been tested for parasites

• Your chameleon: Veiled Chameleon, female, 1yr and 4 months, I bought her a year ago at 4 months old.
• Handling: I never handle my chameleon
• Feeding: I feed her about 12 small crickets twice a day (morning and night), I gut load them with carrots, kale, and the jelly water they drink
• Supplements: I used to dust the crickets with calcium powder but I noticed my chameleon would get white dust around her nose so I began to stop dusting them and I give her just plain crickets
• Watering: I use a spray bottle with tap water from the kitchen sink, I mist 3 times a day until I see drips on the branches and leaves, I do not see my chameleon drinking (licking the water drops off the branches) but I don’t know why she wouldn’t be
• Fecal Description: her feces are black and the other part is white (I forgot what the white matter is called) they are consistent and about an inch in length, she has never been tested for parasites
Filling out the entire form will really help! Feed her once every other day in the morning (veiled care sheet here has proper amounts of feeders to be given per age). Add some more organic fresh fruits and veggies to the gutload (there’s a gutload list in food and nutrition in the resources tab here) and/or add in a quality commercial gutload, like Pangea, Cricket Crack, Mazuri, Repashy, or Arcadia. Every feeder needs to be lightly, but completely, dusted right before feeding! There are many ways to supplement:
1- phosphorous free calcium without D3 every feeding, phosphorous free calcium with D3 every two weeks, and a multivitamin without D3 every two weeks
2- phosphorous free calcium without D3 every feeding and a multivitamin with D3, like Zoo Med Reptivite with D3, every two weeks
3- an all in one supplement every feeding, like Repashy Calcium Plus LoD or Sticky Tongue Farms Minerall (gutload with Sticky Tongue Farms Vitall the night before if using Minerall, formula depends if cham is kept indoors or outdoors).
4- Arcadia supplements using the Arcadia insectivore schedule off of their website
Does your tap water have chlorine in it? If so, treat the water with dechlorinater, like Zoo Med Reptisafe. How often do you mist for?

Back
Top Bottom